How much paint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much paint?

Anyone know how much paint it takes to paint a 2002 SuperCrew? I've got alot of dings and scratch's on my truck from the previous owner and a wind storm that let about 2000000 shingles off the roof of a previous apartment complex that landed on the truck and it needs a repaint before the factory paint gets any worse. so i've been thinking of switching colors as well. And at $57/pt for the paint, i dont want to order alot of extra.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
dont know what paint you are looking at getting but the color will make a difference as well in the cost. had a former coworker paint his trail pickup. he wanted red. a ford red paint code cost him bout $200 a gallon. a mack red paint code got him the same gallon for about $40 lol. dont quote me on this guesstimate but you will prob need a gal of color and a gal of clear for proper coverage depending on bed size maybe more.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 PM
bed size is the 5 1/2 ' bed. The paint i have chosen is pretty bad ***, and i've never seen it on an F-150 sooooo... And the paint is expensive b/c its the 2004 Cobra "mystichrome" color as seen here:

Quick Reply: How much paint?