Fender Bender

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fender Bender

Well some lady decided to cut me off and guess who ran into her....this guy. Anyway, my bumper is screwed up, my grill is cracked, and i got a gaping scratch in my hood. I will buy a new bumper and grill, and the scratch i can take care of, but what else should i do?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Before other people jump in the OP lives in MI... home of the screwed up auto liability insurance laws. MI is a no fault state for property damage.

Depending on the insurance taken, the OP can only collect up to his deductible from the qt fault party (or is it $200... I can't remember off hand).

Old 09-03-2010, 11:01 AM
yea thats right, tho only thing is I dont want to go to insurance for this. So were going to pay for it through our own pocket book (insurance would sky rocket). I know we can replace the bumper and grille and dent by ourselves, but what about the bent steel?

Old 09-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Bent "steel"? Parts supporting the bumper? If so, it would need to be replaced. I'd _guess_ that a bumper/brackets and grill would run around $800-$900 at a body shop. But you are also looking at the lower valence and several other parts that you cannot see. I'm thinking it's more like $1200.

This is the other person's fault? If so, why would they want to pay for the damages out of their pocket when they don't have to? You may want to ask around and see if filing a not at fault accident would increase your rates. I'm betting that MI has some safe guards in place on things like this.

Quick Reply: Fender Bender