Cleaning undercarriage

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleaning undercarriage

I was washing my truck the other day and they guys next to me were spraying the underside of their truck, fender wells, suspension, etc, with WD40 after it had been washed. He said it was easier to wash dirt off with the wd40.

Anyone else using some type of clemical to spray on the underside of truck when its clean to help remove dirt when washing it? Thanks,

Last edited by John Patterson; 09-14-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Thats a good idea, probably would work well in the winter time . Only thing is you'll be goin through the wd-40 very quickly. lol Using a high pressure washer at the car wash works great by getting alot of the dirt off quickly. Or my option by sanding down the frame a little to get a little rust off and re-spraying the whole frame and diff with gloss black paint. I did this to mine even though there wasnt any rust, but looks like it came off the assembly line.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also recommend the painting. However, I use satin instead of gloss because it doesn't show imperfections and is closer to the factory finish.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Someone on another thread was asking about the 3M professional grade of undercoating. I may just have to spray some of that under the back of the new truck my son just bought. The only think is that the trucks have so many different parts. Its not like most cars where the undercarriage is fully enclosed along with fender wells.

Quick Reply: Cleaning undercarriage