Optimum Hyper Compound Test/Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optimum Hyper Compound Test/Video

If anyone is interested in how the product works, I did a short video on a scratch that was on my truck.

youtube video is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r28CTcc4Uhk

Old 09-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Very nice demo. I was going to say the same... it cut very quickly and did not have near as much dust as M105 (one of the things I don't like about M105).

Don't know what to make of it being in a spray bottle. I think I'd rather be able to tab it onto the pad rather then spray it. I'd think a spray would allow a slight bit less control over the amount of product put on the pad.

One off topic comment... did Ford give you any paint to go along with that orange peel?

Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by tcope

One off topic comment... did Ford give you any paint to go along with that orange peel?
LOL

TooStrokted told me that I didn't seem to have the traditional OP from Ford, told him it was spotty but yes that particular part of my truck is overly bad.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh, that was nice and clean.

What speeds were you running on that Flex?

As a side note, how long have you had that Flex?

Old 09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by ELVATO
Oh, that was nice and clean.

What speeds were you running on that Flex?

As a side note, how long have you had that Flex?
thanks

Started on 4, them kicked it up to max and applied a some pressure after I saw how fast it was cutting....for the polish, I kicked it back down to 4, My flex seems loud on the film due to how close the camera was to the work area. Its really not too loud...I think I have that machine for 3 years now. It's worked on many cars/trucks.

I could have done this with my 7424 and a 4" pad but it would have taken longer.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Was asking cuz you can kind of hear some clattering as it powers down. How loose does the backing plate feel when you twist it back and forth?

My friend's Flex started clattering on power down, and the plate felt looser than when new. He bought a new backing plate and it sounds a lot tighter now. The old backing plate's teeth were starting to get little notches in them.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by ELVATO
Was asking cuz you can kind of hear some clattering as it powers down. How loose does the backing plate feel when you twist it back and forth?

My friend's Flex started clattering on power down, and the plate felt looser than when new. He bought a new backing plate and it sounds a lot tighter now. The old backing plate's teeth were starting to get little notches in them.
mine is well used for sure. I prob do need a new plate. I have to 3:1 oil the felt pad pretty often.

Quick Reply: Optimum Hyper Compound Test/Video