Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailing

I've been detailing cars since I was 13 years old professionaly at my families dealerships, and now at one of the largest dealerships in Missouri. If you have any questions on how to do any certain thing just shoot me a question, thought I'd offer my help since there seems to be alot of questions. By the way, all cleaning products we use we get through Auto Magic, theyre by far the best products out and destroy anything you will get at autozone or O'reillys.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Secondly, my method's and products are much simpler to figure out than the dictionary here.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't have any questions. Just two comments.

Originally Posted by 97liftedblue
I've been detailing cars since I was 13 years old professionaly at my families dealerships, and now at one of the largest dealerships in Missouri. If you have any questions on how to do any certain thing just shoot me a question, thought I'd offer my help since there seems to be alot of questions. By the way, all cleaning products we use we get through Auto Magic, theyre by far the best products out and destroy anything you will get at autozone or O'reillys.
That's subjective and completely personal opinion. If you've been detailing for a while you should know there are many products and many methods out there. It's all preference.

Secondly, my method's and products are much simpler to figure out than the dictionary here.
This just comes off as arrogant, especially for someone with only 15 posts here. The guide here has helped many people and it sounds like you're bashing it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but the way your posts are worded come off as "I'm the best and my products are the best." Just pointing that out. Looking forward to what you have to offer people in terms of advice. Welcome to the site!

Last edited by mblouir; 09-28-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get em Matt!

Agreed though. There are plenty of people here who have shown what incredible work they do, not just claim to be the new hot poop.

Most of us don't get our products at Autozone or O'Rileys either.

Thirdly, I'd never take my truck to a dealer to get it detailed.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 09-28-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 PM
By the way, all cleaning products we use we get through Auto Magic, theyre by far the best products out and destroy anything you will get at autozone or O'reillys.
If all you use id Auto Magic products since you were 13 how would you know that they are any better then all of the other products on the market?

Also, I'd certainly call BS on this statement as one company certainly cannot make all of the best products.

No... it's more likely that the dealership where you work is getting a better price to use all of one companies products.

Can't say that I've seen many good detailed cars come away from dealerships. Not to say that your work is not very good.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Wow, simply trying to help and you all had to go and be like that about it. Saying that the dictionary is difficult for someone new to detailing, explains things in a different manner than some may even understand. Of course im not saying that they are better than anything on the market, but better than anything I have came across. We dont detail customer vehicles either, because we sell too many cars don't have time with all the trade-ins to do them right. Was simply offering advice, and if you dont want any then dont post. Yes, your right I had 15 posts when I got in here whats that got to do with it. ANYWAYS, offering help not being arrogant or saying im perfect, saying I do good work and willing to give advice.

Secondly, I haven't only used Auto Magic since I was 13, nor did I say that. At my families dealership we went through about every brand we could find til we found products that suited our needs, and were affordable at mass quantity. When the owner (my best friend and uncle) passed away of cancer I went to work for a very large dealership because we closed down.

Last edited by 97liftedblue; 09-28-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Old 09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^

- NCSU

Old 09-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock

Old 09-29-2010, 12:05 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Oh baby this is gonna be good

Old 09-29-2010, 12:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boy this thread got derailed.

97liftedblue,

I apologize for taking your thread off topic. I just wanted to point out that the way you worded your first two posts came off as slightly arrogant. Thank you for replying and attempting to clear it up.

I often lurk the detailing section much more than I post in it, so I look forward to seeing what advice you have to offer those with questions. We're always glad to have more guys on the detailing side of things.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:21 AM
No derailment here.

To the OP...(97liftedblue)

Welcome to F150OL. We would love to see some of your work.

Got any before afters?

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ***, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.
Tell us more about Auto Magic products....why do you like them?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:59 AM
I'll try to get some before and afters on here soon, been meaning to on several of the cars that have came through but never have a chance. Auto Magic is primarily a dealer company, I honestly am not sure if you can order it online, or find it in any stores. But, I do know that we use a small army of their products daily on our cars. They have just about everything imagineable after looking at one of their online stores. Everything that the guy that brings our shipment every week has brought us has been exactly as he's described. We quite often sell over 120 cars in a month at the dealership I work at, so we order very large amounts of product. Besides the cleaners, we also utilize a few commercial-grade machines that the company has bought. One being a carpet shampooer called the "python", haven't ever looked it up online but I do know its expensive but does an amazing job. We also use a steamer that has various attachments for light carpet stains, seats, and another attachment for all interior pieces. Right now the steamer is not in service due to a leak so we use another thing set up through our car-wash that has two hoses ran to it, it runs water and air u can use no water or as much as u want and use it to clean out trim pieces, cracks, door jams, seat-rails depends what your looking at. Just let me know what you want to know about, this would take all day lol.

The extra equipment are things I had never had in our family dealership because money WAS an object unlike where I work now. They definitley speed up the pace of the process entirely compared to trying to reach into cracks with a perhaps toothbrush and air hose. (just an example)

Last edited by 97liftedblue; 09-29-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:59 AM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
I don't want to beat a dead horse or get into a urinating contest with the original poster, but the way he came in here might be considered insulting to the well-regarded and established professional detailers around here. He could very possibly teach some of the old dogs new tricks, but I'm wondering if he is willing to learn himself. This has to be a 2 way street in here.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:22 AM
I'll try to get some before and afters on here soon, been meaning to on several of the cars that have came through but never have a chance. Auto Magic is primarily a dealer company, I honestly am not sure if you can order it online, or find it in any stores. But, I do know that we use a small army of their products daily on our cars. They have just about everything imagineable after looking at one of their online stores. Everything that the guy that brings our shipment every week has brought us has been exactly as he's described. We quite often sell over 120 cars in a month at the dealership I work at, so we order very large amounts of product. Besides the cleaners, we also utilize a few commercial-grade machines that the company has bought. One being a carpet shampooer called the "python", haven't ever looked it up online but I do know its expensive but does an amazing job. We also use a steamer that has various attachments for light carpet stains, seats, and another attachment for all interior pieces. Right now the steamer is not in service due to a leak so we use another thing set up through our car-wash that has two hoses ran to it, it runs water and air u can use no water or as much as u want and use it to clean out trim pieces, cracks, door jams, seat-rails depends what your looking at. Just let me know what you want to know about, this would take all day lol.
Thanks for the response, would be interested in your take on these products, I and many here are not familiar with them. Having done some work at local dealers myself correcting others mistakes I have seen first hand what happens at even high end dealers. You will have to accept the fact that dealer detailer's have a rep as being "prep and make ready"....this is very different than correction and show quality. This is a forum is to share ideas and methods and best practices as glc has eluded to. This forum has a very wide range of ability and expectations. There are times when "sale ready" is the goal and times when "perfection" is the goal. The difference in those two extremes is huge and thus the products that can be used is equally as large. One of the great things about this site is that the members here have unparalleled experience in a wide range of products and expectations and will tailor responses based on the goal of the poster seeking advice. As you are well aware, you can go very deep in the detailing world and you can go lightly. There are ways to cover and there are ways to correct. There are also a bazillion ways to skin a cat.

The way to jump in here is to ease into it if you will. It's not uncommon for someone to "drive by" post here and to be honest, it's hard to differentiate yourself from them unless you provide a little background to your experience. The way to do that is to showcase your work.

For me and others here, we can post reflecto shots all day long of cars/trucks we've worked on, but does that show our skill and depth of knowledge in the products and surface we are working on? Not really.

Sorry for the rant, but what i am trying to say is, we're all here to learn and share, but posts about products that no one has heard of with little background have shallow merit until proven otherwise.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

RR

Quick Reply: Detailing