First door ding

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry First door ding

I usually park my truck way out in most parking lots.There was a spot next to a handicap spot so I figured I would park there.The handicap spot was huge,with the stripes painted there which made it even bigger.After coming out of WM I sat in my truck to look at my reciept.Next thing I know a van pulled up next to me,way over in the striped part,about 1' from my truck.The guy gets out and slams his frickin' door into mine and just keeps going about his business.I jumped out of my truck and asked him WTF was he thinking?The guy didn't even look handicapped!Anyway,he said he had no insurance and begged me not to report it.We settled on a cash payment of $100.00.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!....unbelievable the sort of steps people will take. Sorry to hear about your ordeal in the parking lot. No matter what you do it seems like the more your careful the more something bad happens to the vehicle.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks. How bad is the ding? A paintless dent repair shop can probably take it right out.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry to hear that, I've got to the point i dont drive my truck when i know im going to park in a parking lot. Usually just take the work van. My 03 has 1 ding over the entire truck and that was caused by a dill hole in wally world parking lot. Since then i told me self no more parking lots for the truck. That may sound a little stupid but i like to take care of my truck and if i can prevent a ding or two a year i think it is worth it.

I use to park way out in a parking lot then had problems with idiots that didnt put there baskets up and was afraid the truck would get hit with a shopping cart. My old 94 E150 still looks pretty good and i have yet to notice any dings in it. seems like some people look for a nice vehicle to park by just so they can hit it.
That 100.00 you got from the guy should pay for the dentless repair guy. Good luck

Old 10-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Sweet! Can't wait for this guy to hit the next person. Hopefully he won't kill anyone.

You do realized that you just enabled him to continue to drive without insurance, right?

You file a police report, he is issued a citation for no insurance, he goes to the judge and you request that he's license be suspended until he can show proof of payment to you. You settle with him for that $100 or whatever but he then needs to prove that he obtained insurance. A pain? See my opening statement.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I usually park my truck way out in most parking lots.There was a spot next to a handicap spot so I figured I would park there.The handicap spot was huge,with the stripes painted there which made it even bigger.After coming out of WM I sat in my truck to look at my reciept.Next thing I know a van pulled up next to me,way over in the striped part,about 1' from my truck.The guy gets out and slams his frickin' door into mine and just keeps going about his business.I jumped out of my truck and asked him WTF was he thinking?The guy didn't even look handicapped!Anyway,he said he had no insurance and begged me not to report it.We settled on a cash payment of $100.00.
sorry to hear about your ding. i have used these guys that do a paintless dent repair and you know there was a dent there when they are done.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Technically... Its not a car accident so an accident report would have never been filed. So, insurance would not have been something that would have covered this damage. It would have actually been just a property damage report.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:36 AM
A holes in parking lots

It really doesn't help parking far away, all by yourself. I do that all the time. On more than one occasion , when I return to my truck there is some POS vehicle parked right next to me. On one of my last trips to the grocery store I parked about as far away as I could, there where about 1500 empty spots available in the lot, when I returned a POS GMC junker was parked right next to me. When I looked over my truck for dings I found two new key strikes in my paint in spots that were no way made accidentally. I had just got my truck back from having paint work done the day before and had wiped it down with detailer before heading out for my errands. Unfortunately no security cameras at that store. I even went to the gas station across the street to ask if theirs might have got the culprit. no luck. Also try to park in spots where it would be impossible for a stray shopping cart to roll into you.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Thumbs up

I had to take off of work early yesterday to go to the doctor.A friend of mine,who use to do paint and body work and is currently unemployed,came over after my appointment.For $40 he fixed it.You can't even tell it was ever there!

Old 10-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my younger days (before parking lot cameras) me and a freind of mine who owned a little British sports car, went to a shopping center and parked out in the boonies. When we came back, a big ol' pigalac had parked nose-on and pushed his bumper thru my friend's bumper. The jerk didn't even bother to back it off; just left it there with both bumpers crashed together. My friend worked construction and had his tools in the trunk. He a BFH and three 6" spikes out of the toolbox and hammered the spikes thru the jerk's trunk lid.

Revenge is the best way to get even.

Jim

Old 10-16-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about that, certainly must have ruined your day. That's like a huge nightmare for me, I'm so **** I'd prob sell the truck. Hopefully one of those paintless dent repair guys can get it out but I have a feeling you'll still notice it being the owner.. Sorry bud.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by jaymz
In my younger days (before parking lot cameras) me and a freind of mine who owned a little British sports car, went to a shopping center and parked out in the boonies. When we came back, a big ol' pigalac had parked nose-on and pushed his bumper thru my friend's bumper. The jerk didn't even bother to back it off; just left it there with both bumpers crashed together. My friend worked construction and had his tools in the trunk. He a BFH and three 6" spikes out of the toolbox and hammered the spikes thru the jerk's trunk lid.

Revenge is the best way to get even.

Jim
LOL, that's the best thing i've ever heard

Old 10-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by random155
Technically... Its not a car accident so an accident report would have never been filed. So, insurance would not have been something that would have covered this damage. It would have actually been just a property damage report.
It certainly is a "car accident" and insurance _certainly_ DOES address this as a collision and property damage.

If the police were called and told that the person did not have proof of insurance they certainly should take a report and issue a citation to the other driver.

I have no idea what " it would have actually been just a property damage report" means. A "report".... from/by who?

Quick Reply: First door ding