Custom Mesquite Pinstripes

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M105 actually corrects paint very well by hand; it just takes forever.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the help. I washed her last night, but didn't take any pics yet. I jumped the gun before reading all the posts and ordered some M7 glaze, M26 wax, and some Meguiars MF application pads. Keeping in mind I'll be doing this by hand first, should I go ahead and order some M105 and M205 and apply those before the glaze and wax? I plan on setting aside two days for this. One for the job, and one to let my arms rest If there is a better way I should go about this lemme know. Which is the less abrasive M105, SwirX, or Ultimate compound? Thanks again for all the help! -Mac

Old 10-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, order the #105 and #205. Some of the detailing online stores have it in smaller sizes (8 & 12 oz) so you don't have to spend so much. 8 oz is plenty. The application pads are a problem as they are non abrasive and won't be what you need for swirl removal...you'll be rubbing all day. Maybe someone sells an LC orange hand pad????? If I were you and had the $$$$ I would get a Griot's machine and be done with it.

The least abrasive is swirlX, then Ultimate C., then #105. If you proceed by hand, use UC and SwirlX. They're easily available OTC.

Jim

Quick Reply: Custom Mesquite Pinstripes