Tree fell on my truck. What will it cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tree fell on my truck. What will it cost?

So last winter,,, a tree limb from a tree owned by the wonderful city of st Louis fell on my truck in front of my house. I had already made complaints to the city forestry division.... But nothing was done. The limb was about twice the length of my supercrew and was as big around as a 5 gallon bucket on the one end. It fell last winter right on my roof! Total damage was actually minimal. Broken bug shield, scratched up bed cover... But the worst part was, it popped my paint loose on my roof right behind the windshield. Now that it's been almost a year.... The chipped spot has started to open up and cause me some problems. The effected area is now 18 inches wide,(accross the front near the windshield) and about 7 inches back away from the windshield. It started to rust a few months ago. But it's still just surface rust. I can scratch it with my fingernail and see shiny steel underneath.

How much do ya think it should cost me to fix? And by fix... I want it fixed right! Got a quote of about $400 but does that sound right?

Anybody know a good body guy in the st Louis area???

Old 10-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It'll probably buff right out.

Jim

Old 10-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds about right. Grind the area, might need a little filler to smooth out, prime paint and blend.

Quick Reply: Tree fell on my truck. What will it cost?