Exterior Plastic and Rubber Cleaner/conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exterior Plastic and Rubber Cleaner/conditioner

What is good to use on the exterior plastic and rubber. I was told by the dealer not to use Armor All because it causes the rubber to crack, but am not sure what is a good product.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dlauffenburger
What is good to use on the exterior plastic and rubber. I was told by the dealer not to use Armor All because it causes the rubber to crack, but am not sure what is a good product.

Thanks,
Dave
There's a million threads in this section of the forum about what to use on trim. There's an Adam's product others have recommended that seems to work really well. I've also heard good things about Black Wow, I believe it's called. Just do not use Back to Black. That stuff is garbage.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I just did a fall detail on my truck, and I used pledge on all my trim and plastic pieces. It brought out a nice shine on my fender flares. This lasts for awhile, i've been using it occasionally just for touch up. Just a thought.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:43 AM
I live in South Texas near the coast. Just wash/waxed/detailed my 2000 XLT 4x4 from head to toe. I've been using Armour products for several years on this truck and the Ford PU I had before it and have never ever had an issue with the product. My plastic/rubber is in just as good condition as it was when new. Some folks may disagree with me as far as choice of product but I always go by the saying "if it ain't broke why fix it?" Like all of our brother/sister Ford owners it usually comes down to a matter of choice and pocket book.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:12 PM
To protect rubber and plastic I still turn to 303's Aerospace Protectant. Very good UV protection. I find that it tends not to pick up dirt and grime.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Former Sponsor
the above mentioned are great

303 Aerospace Protectant

Adam's In and Out Spray

Adam's Super VRT

Black Wow

Don't forget your discount code F150 at checkout for 10% off your total shopping cart!

Old 10-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Exterior Plastic and Rubber Cleaner/conditioner