Paint Chips on Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Paint Chips on Bumper

Thanks in advance for the info everyone.

I was washing my ride yesterady and I noticed about a dozen paint chips that are about the size of the head of a pin. WTF!!!!

2 of them seem to be rusting. I have about 14000 miles of which 10000-11000 are highway miles.

I can understand a couple of knicks or scratches but there just seems to be too many in only one area. There are no marks on the hood, around the grill or headlights, just the widest part of the bumper. I will try to have pics by tomorrow.

Could this just be part of owning a new truck or has anyone else noticed this and it is possibly a problem with the truck and a bad paint job.

I treat my car like a goddess...or so my girlfriend says. This is not a result of neglect.

-Tills

------------------
2001 F-150XLT SuperCab, Styleside, Silver, 4X4, 4R70, 5.4L, 3.55LS, 17in Rubber, Sport Package, Bedliner, Sliding Rear Window and a driver with a lead foot

Old 04-07-2001, 02:42 PM
Cool

I was in the same situation once.
I was driving and it started raining.
All of a sudden my windshield was all wet.
Damn i said.
I just cleaned it.
What is with these fords that get wet.
I took it to the dealer who said, and I quote.
"It is normal" (Can you imagine that!)

Well, he and I had a go around - needless to say it hasn't rained since.

Maybe you should take this approach with the dept. of tran in your area.

I will pray for you,

Lovin' my truck

neb

Old 04-12-2001, 06:29 PM
hey man, my front bumper probably has around 30 small paint chips. it pisses me off everytime i look at it. anyway, gonna get it repainted this summer and just start the chipping process all over again.

***JasoN***

------------------
Oxford White 1998 F-150 STX, reg. cab, flareside, 4.2, auto, 3.55s, tint, Prestige alarm, Bel radar detector, Pioneer CD player, 4 Polk 5x7's, Stull billet grille and bumper insert, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N airfilter, V-Tech Tailight Covers(painted to match truck), removed factory mud flaps, Clear Corner Lenses, DJM shackles(removed for lift), Billet Oval Mirror, 3in. Body Lift, lift lips, chrome tow hooks, Pilot driving lights mounted behind billet bumper insert, 16x8 Ultra Wheels, 305/70/16 Goodyear AT/S, Custom door ding from some a$$hole, Fabtech Spindle Lift, 2in. blocks out back FUTURE MODS: rancho rsx shocks, 1 1/2in. coil spacers, 2in. add-a-leafs, 315/75-16 yokohama geolander mt's, and still working on getting that dang door ding fixed . . . FIGHTIN TEXAS AGGIE C/O '03

Old 04-14-2001, 02:43 PM
Lightbulb

Hey Jason,

I just saw this other thread that someone used clear urethane tape to cover the bumper to help prevent paint chips.

Here is the thread

https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/002473.html

-Tills

------------------
2001 F-150XLT SuperCab, Styleside, Silver, 4X4, 4R70, 5.4L, 3.55LS, 17in Rubber, Sport Package, Bedliner, Sliding Rear Window and the Wrong Radiator

Quick Reply: Paint Chips on Bumper