Make Ready Dept Puts on Tire Dressing From Hell

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zach:
98Screamer..It was some nasty stuff, still wet 3 hours after I brought the truck home that night. I too have bought a lot of new vehicles in my life and nothing like this had ever happened. It all worked out for the best though, as much as I liked the Supercab, I love the Supercrew!

SIDENOTE: The dealership maintained that the tire dressing was either mislabled or perhaps not properly mixed at the factory, while the detail product companies contention was the dressing had not been properly diluted by the dealership. One thing is for sure, something was wrong.
</font>
Hey Zach, Glad the dealer took care of you. I have been in the business for 17 years now and I knew that it was not fixable. Im glad you didn't spend any money on product that would not fix it. The brown spots you saw only seem to show up on plastic panels and for the most part only on white vehicles. some other colors I have seen but again mostly white. How or why this happens we don;t know for sure. It has to be a combination of tire dressing and the dirt that sticks to the tire then the sintrifcal force sends the dirt and tire dressing onto the plastic panels and you get the brown spots. It doesn't happen on every car or truck and the dealer ends up repainting the damaged panel.therefore we can't get a sample to test to find out exactly what caused the problem. This seems to occur once a year.I'm glad they resolved your problem. Good luck on your new vehicle.

Old 04-27-2001, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks Waxman. You were right on the money with your diagnosis. I'm still somewhat stunned at the events of this week, but it all worked out for the best.

------------------
2001 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Bright Red
Medium Graphite Leather
3.55 Limited Slip
Sliding Rear Window
Trailer Tow Pkg.
Off Road Package
Captains Chairs
6 Disc CD Changer
Rear Seat Entertainment

16x8 Weld Typhoon wheels
& 285-75-16 Bridgestone Dueler AT tires ordered 4-16-01.

Quick Reply: Make Ready Dept Puts on Tire Dressing From Hell