Status Of Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Status Of Forum

I probably should not post this but its whats been on my mind. First, let me say that Chuck (?) has every right to raise money from advertisers to support the board. Without that, the forum could not exist. Also, it's great that so many advertisers are supporting the board and it's nice to see posts in the Care and Detailing forum. But lately about 90% of the content has just been advertising. The 20 or 30 ads that load on each page are fine, they certainly pay the bills. But personally, I don't like reading this forum just to see all of the posts being more ads. There is almost no real content left in this forum. What there is, is simply drowned out by advertisements. If those posts were about caring for F150's fine... but they are really nothing more the general ads.

Again, I'm not trying to criticizes anyone, I'm nothing more then a guest here using the resources that someone else has given but I'm just trying to be real and offer some constructive views. That is, I'm finding less and less reason to visit this forum.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Then go elsewhere. This is not a detailing forum, just one very small section of a truck forum. For us that are extreme detailing hobbyist, I can tell you we don't even notice the adds and having Nick from AutoGeek and the guys from DetailersDomain is just fine by me.

What you may be missing is the awesome assistance, outstanding customer service, and smoking deals on products going on behind the scenes!

Last edited by Galaxy; 02-05-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:10 PM
i enjoy the examples of car washing they do. They have also helped me discover products that the rest of the forum hasnt. It would be nice to see them detail a F150 though

Old 02-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Then go elsewhere. This is not a detailing forum, just one very small section of a truck forum. For us that are extreme detailing hobbyist, I can tell you we don't even notice the adds and having Nick from AutoGeek and the guys from DetailersDomain is just fine by me.

What you may be missing is the awesome assistance, outstanding customer service, and smoking deals on products going on behind the scenes!
Well said sir.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I had to repost due to wifi network going down.

My personal thought is that vendors on a site like this are a good thing. If a poster wants true hands down hard core one on one help with detailing, there are sites for that.

just be glad that the vendors here are not pushing snake oil.

Last edited by RollingRock; 02-06-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Just my 1˘ worth of opinion...

Personally, I enjoy all the useful info this site has to offer. I like to think all the sections offers correct, helpful information but often I see just as many or lately more post on improper techniques, questionable products and just bad or wrong info so if a professional or a company wants to hawk/share their techniques/products/results im ok with it. I notice the ads usually offer some sort of discount for members and usually it's been a way for me to directly interact/complain/compliment or just comment. Some of the professional detail post of vehicles have been both educational and impressive to say the least. They usually actually use what they sell and willingly share info product details that may be hard to find quickly elsewhere. I have had nothing but positive experiences with the vendors which is more than I can say about some of the bum info individuals often post. Once upon a time...I even made a few dumb post and some of those same professionals corrected and taught me better.

If I had my preferences, I would rather see all good and proper posting no bad info/techniques posted...ever but I can take the good with the bad.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 PM
All good info and I actually might have changed my mind somewhat. As I mentioned before, vendors/sponsors adding content is not too bad. I just had a thought that I shared. Be it right or wrong, no bad feelings were behind it.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:18 AM
I was kinda thinking the same thing as the OP, but in his defense, it went from guys asking other members how to do this and look at my weekend work to a lot of advertising. But I do like the fact this new flood of adverts a) keep us **** OCD car care pro's and wannabe's up to speed on products and deals going on and b) how to use them with pics. I get what tcope is saying, a lot of times there is a separate spot for venders and their specials. More power to the venders though, competition and partnerships work to our benefit.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Former Sponsor
hey guys I hear you on that, we try hard to post good write ups and information on products and techniques.

we are here for you.

email us or call us anytime.

as for the F150 hit me up we can work something out

Quick Reply: Status Of Forum