DRYING???

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would agree with the California Water Blade. I use that to dry my truck, and it is the only thing that will get all the way around truck before it starts to dry, which isn't much time in 115 degree AZ. weather.

------------------
HOSRACN

Black Hammer

Born November, 1998 in Kansas City, MO

Truck
1999 XLT F-150 Supercab 4X4 Offroad, 5.4L EFI V8 Auto, 3.73 Gears, LT265/70-R17 OWL All-Terrain, Electronic Shift--4X4, Class III Trailer Towing Group, Captains Chairs, 4-Wheel ABS

Current Mods
Airaid Aircharger With K&N Air Filter, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, Glasspack Muffler With Split Dual Rear Exiting 18" Chrome Cannons, Torsion Bars Cranked Up 1.5", GTS Headlight & Taillight Blackouts, Tinted Windows, Billet Grille, Ford Hitch Cover & Lock, Lightning Side Emblems & SVT F-150 Tailgate Emblem, 18" Billet Antenna, Ventvisor Window Air Deflectors, Wheel Locks, Spare Tire Lock, Hitch Endcaps, Aiwa Receiver/CD Deck CDC-X176M, Deluxe Overhead Speaker System

I'D RATHER PUSH A FORD THAN DRIVE A CHEVY

Old 05-02-2001, 10:29 PM
Talking

Today was the first time I used the absorber in a full hand wash. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!! I dryed my ENTIRE truck in under 5 minutes! It left NO scratch marks, no water spots, or dust! It is the best washing product i have EVER bought! It made today's wash the best one I have ever done. Thanks to everyone who helped me solve my problem!

------------------
My F-150
  • XLT
  • Toreador Red
  • Super Crew
  • 4.6 Liter
  • v8
  • Xcelerator Muffler
  • Dual Exhaust (Y-PIPE)
  • 6" Chrome Tips
  • Vent Shades
  • GTS Headlight Covers
  • Rhino Sprayed-In Bedliner
  • Flairside
  • 35% Window Tint (Front 2 side windows)
  • 11" 7% dark tint band on front
  • Bugflector
    Pending
  • 33" BFGoodwrench All Terain Tires (with rims)
  • 3" P.A. Body Lift
  • True Dual Exhaust (with another xcelerator muffle)
  • Font 2 windows re-tinted to 20%(to match factory tinting)

THE BEST TRUCKS ARE BUILT FORD TOUGH

Old 05-03-2001, 09:40 AM
2Dollarstreak
The newest hot tip for drying is the MICRO FIBER CHAMIOS. When we first got these they seemed like they wouldn't work very well. They work great. They don't leave behind the tracks that might be associated with chamois. Also, There are many chamois out there, not sure what one you have but The water sprite is the most popular one for the car dealer.They are designed to remove a lot of water fast but dont leave the finish completely free from tracks. Diapers also work good but might give you a lint problem. For the home user the MICRO FIBER CHAMOIS is the HOT TIP.
If you'd like more info contact coatsproducts.com

Old 05-03-2001, 09:47 AM
Check out www.griotsgarage.com for a great collection of cleaning supplies including 100% real cotton towels with out tags and marked "dry" and "wax" so the wife doesn't put them in the bathroom.

------------------
01 Black XLT 4x2 Screw Gen I, 5.4, Moonroof, 3.55LS, Cloth Captains, Slider, Extender, ClassIII towing, 6 Disc etc.
Mods planned:
Gibson Single Sweptside, AirRaid, Superchip, Line-X bed liner, Fog/driving lights, Tint, Speed grill.

Old 05-03-2001, 11:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Told ya,2dollar
I haven't used anything else since the first time I tried "The Absorber" It even gets the windows spot free,after spots have dried on them,too.
They work really well for me

------------------
98 F-150 4.6 Litre XLT2wd Ext. cab
Yokahama AVS/ST's,,too noisy
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
custom dual exh/gibson rectangle tips/rear exiting.
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Clear front corners
Speedglo gauges w/carbon fiber overlay,might paint it black
Stillen Quad light air dam,with Pilot PL-240 driving lights
Euro taillights
Cobra 75WXST cb w/weather alert
Kenwood cd w/Radio Shack speakers,and Soundstream P203e amplifier//Single 10" sub
Viper alarm
On the waywheels,tires,Proglass shaker hood,new leather seat
Come see my new pictures@ www.my-f150.com

officialtomwaits.com
reverendhortonheat.com

WOW,what a cool site!

FENDER GUITARS ROCK!!!

I just "wish" it was lowered

Old 05-03-2001, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the California Water blade and then finish it with the Absorber.

No streaks and they both work great.

------------------

'98 F-150 XLT SuperCab Flareside, Auto, 4.6L, 4X2, 3.55 LS, 6-CD changer, Moonlight Blue with tan interior, Captains Chairs

Mods:Window tint, Extang Classic Platinum Tonno, Lund Interceptor bug deflector, Wizard Superwhite Bulbs, Pendaliner bedliner, Expedition center console, Airaid FIPK System
My F-150 Page
Expedition Console How-to

Old 05-03-2001, 05:03 PM
I like the absorber, I've had a variety of em... not only do I use it for the truck but all other kinds of "wet spills" it works awesome. Bought my first one as a result of a recommendation on the old f-150 online mailing list, heh heh. Anyways, I usually keep one in each vehicle, especially since I wash vehicles and all my vehicles seem to be colored dark enough that they show waterspots. Although the idea of air drying the truck with the blower on the wet dry vac is an interesting one... Perhaps I'll give that a try this weekend (if it stops snowing... yeah, snowing!!!)

------------------

Matt Adams
Littleton, CO
1994 Ford Explorer, highly modified ( http://mattadams.f150online.net )
2000 F-150 XLT Supercab
5.4L Triton V8 Engine, Automatic Transmission, 3" dual exhaust, Rhino lining, K&N Filtercharger Intake Performance Kit (FIPK), JL Audio stealthbox with Phoenix gold amplifier, premium stereo
Genuine Steel brush guard with 4 PIAA 520's mounted on it, PIAA Airdam with PIAA 520 fog's and PIAA 510 superwhite driving lights in it.
off-road and tow packages
and much much more!
Grizzly Roll bar (double bar/single bar) with 5 PIAA 80 XT's mounted on it (3 driving, 2 fogs)
Storage box in the back
Soon to come:
Pistol mod (convenient, easily accessible yet somewhat hidden access).
Custom paint job?

Old 05-03-2001, 05:19 PM
Talking

I use a leaf blower, it works best when there is wax on the truck. A few min is all it takes and a chamois or cloth that has sand enbedded in the fabric never touches the truck. I ruined a piece of chrome on my harley once with an expensive chamois because it had a grain of sand in it----cost $75 to replace that mistake. Just buy an electric leaf blower and use it for nothing else----------I guarantee you will be pleased and its much faster than hand drying

------------------
2000 F-150, XLT, SC, 5.4, 4X4, 355 LS, ORP, Black/Silver, class III, single CD, sliding glass, med. gray, keyless, elect. shift, engine date 8-18-99, Superchip. 2.02" corrected radiator-F75Z-8005-GA --- '93 Harley Fatboy Black & tons of chrome

Old 05-04-2001, 12:05 AM
I ike to wash mine in the rain. I don't have to rinse it or dry it, and there aren't any water spots because the rain water is pretty soft

Old 05-09-2001, 04:14 AM
Have to agree with "98", the absorber is the only way to go. I never had much luck with terry cloth towels. I have since used/ worn out 2 Absorbers. They are great, I even use mine to remove water spots after it rains. I keep it with me at all times. Bird poop, clean it off, before it dires.

Old 05-09-2001, 02:19 PM
Question

Scooby14b,
Why do you put down the water blade?
Your cloth towl could just as easy catch a piece of dirt and scratch the finish. As long as you have all the grit and dirt off what do you have to worry about?
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SCOOBY14B:
I use a large 100% cotton (make sure - cannon, fieldcrest) towel. I wet it first then wring it out. Then for the flat panels I fold it in half. Hold the corners where the two sides meet and drag toward me. I do this all the way across, wring then do again. On the sides I fold towel into a quarter of its size, hold with palm of my hand and dry using horizontal strokes. This tends to work well for me and have been doing it for years. Take a different dry 100% cotton towel and use on glass, door handles holes and anywhere else water likes to hide. I would not recommend the blower if you will be detailing it after, because of the grit/ dust that will be on your truck/ car.

Also, DON'T use the water blase. No matter what it says it WILL scratch your car. TINY pieces of grit can get between blade and finish and voila, you have a scratch.
</font>

Old 05-10-2001, 10:10 AM
Thumbs down

phildacf150:

The 100% (make sure they are 100%) cotton towels are less likely to scratch because the cotton loops will "grab" up any debris and hold it away from paint. The waterblade cannot do this. It has a solid surface that is 100% against the surface at all times.

That is why using a 100% cotton chenille wash mit is best also. ANY brush will scratch, even boars hair. The synthetic mits like sheepskin will scratch (however just a little more likely than cotton).

Even if you have just washed there is a great chance that some sort of debris will be on your paint whether it be from trees, insects, dust or whatever.

------------------
ORDERED 4/16/01 - WOOHOO!!!
2001 F-150 Supercrew XLT 4wd. 5.4V8, 507A, 3.55LS, Captains chairs, bed extender, cab steps, power moonroof, power seat, skid plates, trlr towing, aluminum wheels, AM/FM cass with 6 cd changer. Bright red clearcoat with DARK graphite interior

IMMEDIATE MODS:
Wet Okole seat covers
Fox Weatherboots front and back
AR Baja's 16x8
MIchelin LTX M/S 265/75/16
Tint front
Line-X
Ravin Z-55 Duals out the back
Lightening headlights, corners and tails

Old 05-11-2001, 04:17 PM
Talking

I have found that the best way to dry off a car or truck is to take it out to the highway and do about 70-80 for at least ten minutes.

I’ve been doing it for years and it works great. It works best on a cool day or at dusk.

Oh, and if your worried about getting pulled over don’t. I’ve gotten out of two tickets because I said I was trying to dry my car off. Both times were in my 88 GT and I was doing about 95.

I miss that car.

Old 05-15-2001, 05:19 PM
HEY 2DOLLAR, I AGREE WITH THE ABSORBER USERS,
THAT THING REALLY WORKS GREAT.

TONKA01 !

Old 05-15-2001, 05:26 PM
The Absorber
Is one of the finest automotive products ive ever used.
I swear, live , and die by it.
As do my friends.

http://www.absorber.com

------------------
97 F150 Longbed V8 4.6
K&N air filter
K&N FIPK tech MOD & removed elbow silencer
Tires: Yokohama 265/75/16 Geolander AT+
Hyper white xenon bulbs
Bedliner and raven shell
6 disc cd changer
Oil & filter used