Paint sealant

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paint sealant

Hi, I just purchased Silver 2001 F150 ExCab with flared bed. I have several questions regarding care of paint.
1. Is it ok to use polymer paint sealant on top of clear coat?
2. If is ok what is the best on market?

I welcome comments.

Old 05-21-2001, 09:29 PM
Hi Apline Skier
Their's nothing wrong with putting a Polymer sealent on your truck for protection. Most polymer products can be a little expensive. It's not necessary to use a polymer for the ultimate protection nor will a product with a polymer in it give you the best protection. There are many items on the market that suggest or claim to be the best/longest lasting product around. A lot of that has to do with the care you put into your paint,Like what you use to wash your truck and whether or not you park inside a garage, use a cover ect. Most of the people will give you some excellent advise and what has worked best for them. That does not make it the best. It is the best for them. With that in mind a very successful product that has worked well in the 150 industry as well as the professional industry is the CHERRY WET WAX. Very user friendly and cost effective. A lot of depth and clarity with durability. Can be used by hand or machine.I hope this helps out. Good luck
coatsproducts.com

Old 05-24-2001, 01:00 PM
That's excellent advice, waxman, considering you sell that cherry wet wax.
He's right about one thing, AlpineSkier, everyone has an opinion and they're all correct.
Why not go to a site that has advice from the Pro's?
Check these out:
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/
http://www.moderncarcare.com/
I personally think the Autopia site is handiest and has some excellent info. There are others here who would agree.
Once you do a little reading on your own, you'll be able to know EXACTLY what you want to do to care for your new toy, and you'll easily be able to separate what's best for you from what someone else wants to sell you.
Peace.

Old 05-25-2001, 04:08 PM
Question

Talk about biased!!

Hey doesn't that violate Steve's vendor adveritising policy?

Old 05-26-2001, 12:12 AM
Unhappy

I dunno, Y2K. I didn't want to call waxman a spammer outright. He's new. His profile lists his website and he's "self employed", so anyone linking to his website is going to get the picture pretty fast. I've read some messages elsewhere and a couple other guys liked the Cherry wet wax, but only a couple. Most of the fellas are into the Zaino, Blitz or Meguiars products. Tried and True. I personally don't believe anyone who has a *vested interest* in something pushing info as a "pro". Silly me.

Old 05-29-2001, 01:22 PM
F150online
Founder
When registering to use these boards, EVERYONE agreed to these terms. There are very specific rules regarding vendors. You MAY NOT promote your product offerings or company, even in direct response to an inquiry.

https://www.f150online.com/f150board/faq.html#vendor

Old 05-30-2001, 12:14 AM
Hi Sundog7,
Let me clear up a few things about who we are and whether or not we have a "vested interest". In all my response's to any one with paint problems and you are right there haven't been many, (only paint related issues) we have made suggestions and possible ways to correct the problem without saying us this name brand product or this is the best. Alpine skier doesn't have any paint problems just looking for some advise and some questions about polymers. We answer each one on a personal level trying to address a paticular problem. Not a generic solution. Yes some people (a lot) have used and responded about the cherry but of course not every single person has responed with the result they have had. We have had this product available since 1984 and with the internet capabilities people are able to relate their experiances to a wider audience. We don't know how our product got on the 150 site. We just started getting calls from all over the place with questions about it. I don't hide who we are and do sign off with our web site. I guess I could log on as somebody else and push our product and say go to our site it's the best as Im sure some do. I don't. The informaton we supply is based on 17 years experience in the detail industry. We have seen just about everything in paint problems and have helped 1000's of new car get ready departments, used car get ready and detailers fix paint related issues. We get calls from detailers all the time needing help to correct a paint defect,We now are hoping to give this info to those who want their ride to look it's best. I welcome others like Zaino, Blitz, and we even carry Mequiars, we also have 3M. These are all fine products. I have read on many messages some have not liked or had problems with the above mentioned products. A lot of times it's not the product that fails it might be as simple as the process that person used. We can help, not make a claim that the products he's using are bad or that he must buy from us. Please understand we are only hoping to give advise and yes we do have product, if it appears that we are spaming? or that we are one sided, I apologize. We have approched this new format for us in a nuetral position. The info that we are able to put forth is form the pro's
I hope this helps you understand where we are coming from.
coatsproducts.com

Quick Reply: Paint sealant