New Product - Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Product - Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

No, you're not seeing things!

For those of you that are familiar with the original Opti-Coat, you are well aware that its durability is second to none, but it was for professional use only and not available to the general public. Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 was modified slightly from the original professional formula, (The pro version is still available under the Opti-Guard name.) Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 cures more slowly, which gives you more time to apply the coating correctly. It's like adding an additional layer of clear coat to your vehicle.

When used on a properly prepped finish, Opti-Coat 2.0 will look clear, clean, and smooth. Opti-Coat 2.0 will not wash off and regular washing is the only step needed to maintain the shine.

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating

Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 PM
what is this stuff made of does it have polyurethane in it ?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 PM
I would love to try this on my truck if its as good as it sounds, also my wifes car. I dont know why but my truck(tuxedo black) seems to be a magnet for road grit and grime, its only 9 months old and its been clayed, polished and waxed twice and now after this winter its horrible. The tailgate is by far the worse, i cringe when i try to wash it because the mit sticks right to it and feels like im sanding the truck. I'm thinking if I put this on it, it might help alot, I'm extremely careful when driving not to go where road work is going on to not get tar on it. Cant wait for warmer wheather so I can tackle it .

Old 03-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by duanemac
I would love to try this on my truck if its as good as it sounds, also my wifes car. I dont know why but my truck(tuxedo black) seems to be a magnet for road grit and grime, its only 9 months old and its been clayed, polished and waxed twice and now after this winter its horrible. The tailgate is by far the worse, i cringe when i try to wash it because the mit sticks right to it and feels like im sanding the truck. I'm thinking if I put this on it, it might help alot, I'm extremely careful when driving not to go where road work is going on to not get tar on it. Cant wait for warmer wheather so I can tackle it .
well i sure would find out what this stuff is made of before i put it on my truck as it sure smells of snake oil as the ad says it wont come off with regular washing how than does it come off.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by jetech00001
well i sure would find out what this stuff is made of before i put it on my truck as it sure smells of snake oil as the ad says it wont come off with regular washing how than does it come off.
Yeah i agree, after thinking about it, a good layer of sealant and a coat of americana would probably be just as good for the winter. Besides, if I put the opticoat on it, then there would be no fun in polishing and waxing and seeing how shiny we could get the paint.Just made up an order of Adams products including a p.c. starter kit, done everything by hand so far and ready for the next step. Thinking about doing it on the side for extra cash. My work car will be the guinea pig haha.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

It kind of sounds like Liquid Glass on steroids!

Old 03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
well Nick@Autogeek whats this stuff made of ?

Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 AM
They are not going to tell you what it's made of...(GRIN)
I'm sure it won't long before the competition will try to duplicate it.

What this does IMHO is put the wax and sealant folks in the deep weeds.
This stuff is not cheap, though it's not ridiculously expensive either.
Take your time to polish your truck then apply this is as a permanent coating.

Be sure to polish all the swirls and scratches out of you paint first!!!
This stuff is optically clear and harder that the factory OEM clear coat.
This is permanent. The only way to remove Opti-coat 2.0 is to polish it off.
I have heard when it's first applied the hardness is 5-6 then after it cures it's a 9.

AGAIN:
Take the effort to polish your paint to a pristine finish first or you will seal in visible scratches.

Quick Reply: New Product - Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0