Door Cracks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Door Cracks?

What years are affected and what exactly should I be lookng for. Thanks in advance

------------------
1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x2 Supercab 4.6L Triton V-8 Auto--Westin Chrome Step Rails, GTS Front/Rear Black-outs, 40 Series Flowmasters, Daul Ehaust Cut-Outs, Bug Deflector, Aeroshades, CB Radio, K&N, TrailBlazer Back-up Lights, Stull Billet Grill, Kenwood D-mask Head Unit- Infinity Reference 5x7's pushed by a MTX 400 watt Amp-Polk ex 12" sub in a Q-Logic box pushed by a MTX 200 watt mono Amp, Viper Security System w/ Remote Start and automatic power window roll down,OH YEAH! and some CHEVY'S SUCK stickers.
FordRacing99

Old 05-31-2001, 05:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

As far as we know, all 97's 98's and 99's have them, if they don't yet, they will, it's a design flaw, and some of the early 2000's have them (guys correct me if I'm wrong), and it's usually about a 1/4 inch crack in the door skin on the outside, a couple of inches up from the bootom back corner on the outside of the window and weatherstripping. When you're looking at trucks, just run your finger down the door where the sheetmetal meets the weatherstripping for the window, chances are the first truck that you come to will have them. If not, check the other ones on the lot. There is a write up on this on the front page of F150online, just go to the homepage and it's on the right side of the page and it has pictures and everything. Good luck, man!

------------------
1997 F150 Lariat Three Door Extended Cab Flareside 4x4, Two tone Pacific Green w/ Harvest Gold, Tan Leather Interior, Ford Premium Sound w/ CD Changer, Lund Solar Visor, Leather Tonneau Bedcover, K&N Air Filter, VentVisors
Wish List: Lund Racer Back Cab Spolier, Lund Shadow Winshield Wiper Cover, Lund Steps, RhinoLiner Spray-In Bedliner, Vortech Super Charger, Brush Guard, Hidden Winch, Lighted Ford Logo, I'll list more when I think of it...

Old 05-31-2001, 05:33 AM
Angry

Here is a site with pictures of the door cracks. Pretty nasty looking things.

http://arrowaranch.com/truck/crack.html

Old 06-02-2001, 12:16 AM
Cool

F-150's manufactured after April 2000 have the upgraded doors. So, anything before, crack city. Just check out the link Bskouby has up in his post. Sorry dude. Good Luck.

------------------
1997 F-150 XLT 4X4 Off-Road
4.6L Auto.
3.55 Gears
All Power Interior
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
Sliding Rear Window
17" Rims W/ P265-70R-17's
Cervini's Ram Air Hood
K&N Gen.
SUPERCHIP