Door Crack Being Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Door Crack Being Fixed

I'm sure glad that I have been reading this message board! About 5 months ago I took my truck in to have a ticket written up on the door crack and my plan was to wait for the "fix" to be issued by Ford, as suggested by another member of this message board.

Well, I forgot about this plan until yesterday and when I took my truck in and showed the body shop manager my ticket, showing my mileage 5 months ago and not the 60k I now have on the truck, he said to bring the truck in and they would fix it. I called the shop today and spoke with the guy doing the work and he stated that they were going to go ahead and just replace both door skins (I only had a crack on one side!)

Just an interesting side note: This body shop is in the process of getting web cams set up in the shop so you can check in on your truck as they are doing the work.

------------------
1998 F-150 Supercab Flair Side Lariat
Solid Black Extended Cab 4x4 Off-Road w/ Class III Towing Package
Current Additions:
Black Bug Deflector; Rino Liner; Chrome Diamond Plate Tool-Box; K & N Air Filter; Air Box Modification; Super White Bulbs; Uniden PC-55 CB Radio; Beartracker Scanner; Flowmaster Exhaust
Future Additions:
Valentine Radar Detector; Tonneau Cover; WOLO 415 Air Horns; Tinted Windows; Brush Guard

Old 06-05-2001, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cnelsen:
Just an interesting side note: This body shop is in the process of getting web cams set up in the shop so you can check in on your truck as they are doing the work.

</font>
cnelson........ maybe you don't want to see what they are doing to your truck!

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, HD electrical and cooling, power seat, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Quick Reply: Door Crack Being Fixed