Is "Black Wow" worth it? Suggestions on faded handles?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
My comment was directed to Galaxy. For the life of me, I can't see how he thinks Back to Black does a better job than Black Wow.
Ahhh, you know how it is. Two people using the exact same products will never get matching results. I just found it to be a greasy mess no matter how I applied it or rubbed it in. I drove around about 5-6 miles and it seemed like every bit of dust and road grime was stuck to that one spot. Never have that issue with the two Mother's products. Different strokes.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Ahhh, you know how it is. Two people using the exact same products will never get matching results. I just found it to be a greasy mess no matter how I applied it or rubbed it in. I drove around about 5-6 miles and it seemed like every bit of dust and road grime was stuck to that one spot. Never have that issue with the two Mother's products. Different strokes.
I've used both, Black Wow and Back to Black. The Black Wow folks say it's important to not use too much product and to rub it in. I've tried following these directions and it does look good for about a week. The first rain and I've got a silicon mess on my paint. Again, I use as little product as possible.

With Mothers B2Black, it looks good with just a simple wipe, but it too will wash off after the first rain.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the first time i used black wow i did it half assed and had blotches

the second time i spent some more time with it and made sure to let it soak in. i did a basketweave patteren and once the foam pad gets primed it gets a whole lot easier. it helps to wash it off with car soap then dry it down. i dont have any blotches. my side mirrors look really good

Quick Reply: Is "Black Wow" worth it? Suggestions on faded handles?