Door Ding

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Door Ding

Arrrgh!!!

OK, My truck is like brand new (Just turned 2000 Miles today) and some, A$$HOLE smacked my driver door really good, about 2 inches under the window, about 1 foot in from the handle.

All of the paint and scratch seemed to buff out of it, but now I am left with this dimple in the door that is about the size of a dime, but when looking from further away, its about 1.5" diameter.

Has anyone had similar problems with idiots like this and gotten it fixed?? It wouldn't have bothered me as much if it could have been a little lower on the door, or even on the passenger side, but I see it every time I look in my mirror now.

I don't know too much about the paintless dent removal stuff, but I am wondering if anyone else here does,or if it could possibly help me out in this case.

Bring on the suggestions folks,I would greatly appreciate it, and maybe hearing that this has happened to other people could settle my nerves. (Oh, retaliation stories could be great right now!!)

RED 2001 F-150 Supercab shortbox 4x4
Off-Road Package
3.55LS, 5.4 V-8

[This message has been edited by JBirdZ (edited 05-14-2001).]

Old 05-14-2001, 09:47 AM
Cool

Go with the paintless dent repair. Find a reputable shop (ask to see their work). If the paint is not damaged, they should be able to make your door ding disappear! I've had excellent success in using such facilities.

Old 05-15-2001, 03:50 PM
Cool

As long as tools can reach the ding, it can be massaged out; definately try this first.

Old 05-19-2001, 08:23 AM
Thumbs up

Find a reputable shop. You won't regret it

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT White/Silver, Styleside Supercab, 4.6L Triton V8, Automatic, 3.55, Ford running boards/ bed liner, Flow Master 50/Delta 3 1/2" dual exhaust, tow package, Single CD

Future Mods: K&N FIPK, Super Chip, RAM Air Hood

Old 05-25-2001, 02:34 AM
I have used DENT DR on two different vehicles My older BMW 528E and my prev truck a C1500 Chevy ext cab ,with very good results , I was very happy and could not tell where the ding was!!! this is the proces that was mentioned by the others here on this post.

Old 05-25-2001, 05:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Yeah, and then go to a pawn shop, buy some firearms, and start tracking down whoever did this to your truck! Okay, I'm just kidding, yeah, the Dent Dr. is very good at this, I had one in almost the same place, and it worked very well. Can't even tell where it used to be.

------------------
1997 F150 Lariat Three Door Extended Cab Flareside 4x4, Two tone Pacific Green w/ Harvest Gold, Tan Leather Interior, Ford Premium Sound w/ CD Changer, Lund Solar Visor, Leather Tonneau Bedcover, K&N Air Filter, VentVisors
Wish List: Lund Racer Back Cab Spolier, Lund Shadow Winshield Wiper Cover, Lund Steps, RhinoLiner Spray-In Bedliner, Vortech Super Charger, Brush Guard, Hidden Winch, Lighted Ford Logo, I'll list more when I think of it...

Old 05-29-2001, 07:56 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Try car-star on amherst st near tonawanda st. They have the dent removal there as long as the paint is not damaged. I to am from buffalo home of the massive murders

------------------
1997 F-150 XLT 4.6 REGULAR CAB, FLARESIDE PACIFIC CLEARCOAT GREEN 5-SPEED. WESTIN NERF BARS, POWER EVERYTHING,BUG SHIELD, EX-TANG SOFT COVER, BED LINER(FORD).

Better 1/2 : 92 Red T-Bird.

Old 06-02-2001, 07:57 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JBirdZ:

Has anyone had similar problems with idiots like this and gotten it fixed?? It wouldn't have bothered me as much if it could have been a little lower on the door, or even on the passenger side, but I see it every time I look in my mirror now.

I don't know too much about the paintless dent removal stuff, but I am wondering if anyone else here does,or if it could possibly help me out in this case.

Bring on the suggestions folks,I would greatly appreciate it, and maybe hearing that this has happened to other people could settle my nerves. (Oh, retaliation stories could be great right now!!)

[This message has been edited by JBirdZ (edited 05-14-2001).]
</font>
I feel for ya and you will not be happy until you get it repaired. I had a very similar thing happen to my brand new supercrew about 2 weeks ago. An idiot employee on a rider lawn mower decided to mow the gravel in our parking lot and sprayed rocks into my drivers door. I heard it from inside my office and knew it was going to be bad. Sure enough, went outside and 2 quarter size chips and dents right in the middle of my door!!! I guess I was lucky it was just on the door and not the whole side. Luckily we have a great body repair shop in the town that I work. They repaired the dents with a special machine and spot painted the chips and clear coated the entired door. It looks good as new. Process cost $300 (my employers insurance paid it). Just make sure you go to a reliable and experienced body shop!! Good luck!

------------------
My SCrew:
Gen III, 2001 SuperCrew Lariat, 5.4L, 4x4, 3.55 Limited Slip, Black Exterior, Med Graphite Leather Captians Chairs with "BUN Warmers", Sliding Rear Window, Power Moonroof, Class III Trailer Tow Group, Skid Plates, Bed Extender, 6 Disc CD...

<A HREF="http://161.58.110.81/supercrew.htm" TARGET=_blank> </A>

Old 06-02-2001, 03:08 PM
Everyone lives in dread of the first parking lot ding. Now you can relax, it's done!
Just kidding. My '97 still does not have even the slightest blemish! Guess it's because when I pull into a parking lot I park about half a mile from the store. Also, I teach high school and every time that I have to jump on some punk in my classroom, I fear going out after school and finding my truck keyed. Has not happened yet, even though all the kids know my truck.
A couple of the punks told me that my truck 'was too cool' to mess with. They said they'd get me some other way. I THINK they were just kidding....

Old 06-02-2001, 03:11 PM
Forgot to ask, what should you expect to pay to pop out a ding that does not need paint work?

Old 06-03-2001, 03:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

oops

[This message has been edited by 98SCREAMER (edited 06-03-2001).]

Old 06-03-2001, 09:21 PM
How does this dent removal work? Will it work when the dent is on a crease in the panel? I have 2 dings on the side of the bed of my truck right where the crease in the body runs. It's a 1992 truck, it's not smooth on the side like the new ones.

-Jon

Old 06-18-2001, 07:17 PM
Cool

Hey Everyone... thanks for your replies.

I got my ding fixed at a place in WNY called "DentWorks". From what I gather they are a national chain. Buckdropper-this place is in Orchard Park, FYI. Anyways, my total bill was $85 bucks. The guy at this place told me he needed the truck for about 4 hours. He called me and told me he had 99% of the dent out in the first half hour he had it, but couldn't get the rest of it out. When I went to pick it up, he had to show me where the dent used to be, cause I couldn't see it. These guys are good at this, really really good. If any of you have little dings that are driving you crazy, this is definitly the way to go, I am very pleased with the results. Thanks again everyone!

------------------
2001 F150 SC Red XLT
4x4 Off Road Package
5.4L V.8 3.55LS
Go-Rhino Grill Guard w/KC o-r lights
Pioneer Premier DEH-P410
A/D/S/ 236is front spks
Alpine SWR1040 Subwoofer
Rockford Fosgate 500.2 & 400.4 Amps
Viper alarm w/autostarter

Old 06-18-2001, 11:22 PM
try this before you pay a shop to do it for you. go find some dry ice and rub it on the ding and see if it works. most of the time it does and some times its to big to pop out. rub it on over a piece of wax paper or something and then try it on the body. hope this helps, i know it fixes dints from baseballs and hail.

------------------
2000 4.2l V-6 w/sport package std. cab. 2wd, bright red
billet grille
clear corners
herculiner bed liner
k&n filter
sony head unit
two 10" kicker comps.
sony amp
viper alarm

future: (being in college cuts most of the funds)
spindle lift
fipk
chip
headers
exhaust

Old 06-19-2001, 06:23 PM
Hey crazed..

The dent will just all of the sudden pop out then? Wouldn't it be just as prone then to popping back in once the metal warms back to normal temperature again? Just curious about the results...

Quick Reply: Door Ding