How do u clean ur engine??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jbrew,

I know the guy who called you out on this one - because it was me. And anybody who knows me on this forum knows that although I'm serious about my detailing, I'm a pretty easy going and funny guy. If you didn't see the humor in my call out, that's kind of sad.

As for RR's advice on posting true before and after shots, I fully agree. I'm willing to bet that not too many folks noticed the slight of hand before my post. And just so you know, I too caught the different engines in the pictures. I just felt that I'd be piling on if I mentioned that one too.

And finally, I'd be willing to bet that the really messed up engine bay will never look as good as the "after" picture with just a good detailing. Then again, it might look good, but the truck would never run.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Well whatever. It's two different vehicles. I wasn't trying to pass it off as the same.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 2stroked
jbrew,

I know the guy who called you out on this one - because it was me.
RollingRock has some other goofy problem going on. He mentions users that were not even involved and doesn't make sense. Iduno, strange one...Maybe something personal going there ? Beats me.

I posted how I clean the engine compartment and thru up a pic, that's what this thread was about. I thru in that other pic because I thought it was ridicules and funny; - I had to work on that one

So have more fun with this if you must , I'm done....Honest.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
RollingRock has some other goofy problem going on. He mentions users that were not even involved and doesn't make sense. Iduno, strange one...Maybe something personal going there ? Beats me.

I posted how I clean the engine compartment and thru up a pic, that's what this thread was about. I thru in that other pic because I thought it was ridicules and funny; - I had to work on that one

So have more fun with this if you must , I'm done....Honest.
The only person that RR mentioned was TS. TS = 2stroked. I don't think RR was making a personal attack, just defending a friend and respected member on several forums.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:04 AM
You guys sound like a bunch of tweens having a spat on facebook or something. Laugh it off and go on about your day.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by RDAZE
I used to have a 1997 XLT and was not able to clean the engine cause the water would pool on the #7 and 8 spark plugs and were a mission to not only remove the water but also remove the plugs cause the engine would misfire due to the water. Now I have an 08 FX4 and would like to clean the motor cause it's filthy and don't wantthe same thing to happen again. Anyone have any tips?
Well the consensus is to do it carefully.
When my truck was relatively new (2004 NBS) the Dealer used to clean it by spraying the whole thing with cleaner, letting it sit a few minutes then they would use the power wand for washing cars to rinse it off, then they would spray something like hyperdressing all over it and start it up and I would drive away no problems.

Now I use as little water as possible on top of the motor with APC.
The firewall and everywhere else I use a water hose and a good stream of water then I use an electric leaf blower (LeafHog) to blow the water off of everything, close the hood and let it run about 5 minutes then go back and lightly spray Hyperdressing all over.

Good luck!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes
Heres my exact method outlined in a video I made since I was asked this question a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdHX_wPUKZI
Love the soundtrack Busted out my glowsticks and took some E.

J/K, good vid!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Is Hyper Dressing only available online?

Old 06-18-2011, 03:45 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Online, or from professional detailing supply houses.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 PM
I really like this info... My engine is covered in sand right now from the beach, dont know how it got in there as I didnt go faster than 10mph. But Im gonna try the APC and light rinse tomorrow morning before work. Great video! BTW, when I worked at a golf course in high school we used Hyper dressing to dress all the carts after washing.. Stuff is amazing.

Quick Reply: How do u clean ur engine??