Cleaned and Ready for the Summer!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 PM
DjG
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleaned and Ready for the Summer!

Hey guys had a chance over this past weekend to get out and clean the truck up, here are some pics I took while working on the passenger side rear panel. I'm thinking of wet sanding the truck this year to get rid of the orange peel but have not made up my mind 100%.

Clay Bar

Cleaner Wax

Glaze

Top Coat

Close Up

Old 05-04-2011, 10:49 AM
If your that concerned about the paint, I know that thing still has the factory paint warranty on it. Take it back to the dealer and see what they can do for you. If you are not happy with what they say, take it up the ford ladder and see what happens.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:18 PM
DjG
Originally Posted by jkilmurray
If your that concerned about the paint, I know that thing still has the factory paint warranty on it. Take it back to the dealer and see what they can do for you. If you are not happy with what they say, take it up the ford ladder and see what happens.
I never said I was unhappy or concerned with regards to the factory paint. I understand that most vehicles other than high end vehicles will have some orange peel and if I did choose to wet sand and polish the truck that would be my choice and prefrence. I simply wanted to share some photos of my truck and possibly a choice I would make at a later date. In saying that thank you for your comment.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
You can do whatever you want. I was just trying to get the point across that it is a brand new truck and you shouldn't have to worry about wet sanding it. If you are comfortable enough with your sanding skills, by all means get at it. But I know how much new ones run and wouldn't want to chance it when it is covered under warranty.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey DjG, nice work I'm planning to do some spring polishing and sealing myself once I get some time off. Orange peel on my truck looks about the same.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:11 PM
DjG
Originally Posted by mWags
Hey DjG, nice work I'm planning to do some spring polishing and sealing myself once I get some time off. Orange peel on my truck looks about the same.
Thank you very much, yeah the orange peel isn't to bad compared to some of the 2011 I have seen around here.

Quick Reply: Cleaned and Ready for the Summer!