Removal of water spots on glass

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Removal of water spots on glass

Posted in appearance section also but thought it was better placed here:

Due to the rain or some environmental issue I had water spots pretty bad on the side windows and rear glass. On my trip to the local detail shop that is a authorized Zaino distributor I asked about them and if he had any ideas to get rid of them.
Zaino makes a Clear View Glass Polish that he suggested and even did a demo on my truck to show me. It takes the spots right off by hand and is easy to apply and take off. Its a pleasant smeeling liquid with a mild gritty feel like a tooth polish.Really bad spots may require the use of a small buffer but mine didn`t. If you use a buffer he recommended being careful of painted areas as its a polish. Did my rear windows tonight and it took about 20-30 minutes to do them all and they look brand new and no more spots. If any of you have some water spots on the glass you need to remove, you may want to give this a try. I`m not real sure of the cost but I think it was under 10.00 for a 8 oz bottle. I bought a lot of supplies from him and it was all added together.

------------------
2000 F150 SC, XLT, Bright Red/Silver 4x2,Auto, 5.4, 3.55LS,CD, sliding rear window, Tow package,Captains chairs,Remote Entry, Ford Bedliner, molded splash guards,Stainless step bars and bed rails.
FM50 Delta single in/dual out the back.Clear Corners.Pretty much stock now but waiting for performance mods to include FIPK,,Superchip, and new audio.

Old 06-25-2001, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thats some good info, i always get waterspots and they take FOREVER to get out. The stuff is called Clear View Glass Polish and its made by Zaino?

Im going to go pick some up next time im at the store.

THanks

Brian

------------------
98 F150 XLT Supercab 4X4
4.6L V8 3.55LS
Tonno Cover, Brush Guard, Dukes of Hazzard Dixie Horn, 2 150 watt KC Daylighters, Cobra CB Radio, BF Goodrich All Terrains 265/75/16, Exhaust Cut after Y Pipe (no muffler)

--------------------------
2000 Excursion Limited 4X4, Black, V-10, 3.73 LS, Tow Mirrors....the Suburban killer!

Old 06-26-2001, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Barto24,
Thats the name of it. Its in a white bottle with green writing. You can only get it through Zaino or one of its authorized distributors. I believe the website is:
www.zainobros.com

Quick Reply: Removal of water spots on glass