Wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wax

What type of wax is good for my truck. Its 2.5 years old and never been waxed. Any Helpful Hints?

Old 07-10-2001, 04:02 PM
Why how many times do you wax in a year. Some of you guys I think over do it on the waxing. One guy was saying he does his 2 a month.

Old 07-10-2001, 07:19 PM
At this stage, you either need to be determined to get on a plan and stick with it or you might as well let it go. I'd buff it out, clay bar it, then go with the cherry wet wax. It's about the easiest to go on and take off and is definately affordable. You don't have to do it twice a month but you should do it at least twice a year. Doesn't take that long, even on my Screw with a lid it only takes about an hour to wax and buff it off. Check www.coatsproducts.com for the wax etc. If you email Rick there he can make recommendations.

Old 07-11-2001, 11:28 AM
It really depends on the condition of your paint. You probably will need to clay it (first), then polish, then wax.
If the paint is still shiny and doesn't have too many scuffs or scratches a fine polish or glaze will do. If it's a little hazy or scratched you'll need something stronger, sometimes called a paint "cleaner" or "scrubber"; basically just a medium grade polish.
If the truck lives outside all the time you may have to wax it more often, like every 3 months or so.

Quick Reply: Wax