Is this correct

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys. I just used the MEGS Tech wax and all turned out very nicely however I do live in WA state so the very next day it rained.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Meg's (prior to purchase by 3M) was filed upon by the FTC for falsified claims regarding the use of claybar. Thier commercials were very carefully re-worded. If you would like a copy of (oem) docs i will provide those. If you care to verify this info yourself, you may (for a fee) go to Helm, pay for a 24 subscription and access the oem docs. The manuals from 1997 actually have the best description with pictures as compared to the current publication which just provide directives.

Each person who has recieved the docs (or looked them up) has valided the info is accurate and supported by every paint manufacturer for both american and european oems.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by TX_FX4
Thanks guys. I just used the MEGS Tech wax and all turned out very nicely however I do live in WA state so the very next day it rained.
Of course it did. Didn't listen to the weather report did ya. Quack, quack

Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by beechkid
Meg's (prior to purchase by 3M) was filed upon by the FTC for falsified claims regarding the use of claybar. Thier commercials were very carefully re-worded. If you would like a copy of (oem) docs i will provide those. If you care to verify this info yourself, you may (for a fee) go to Helm, pay for a 24 subscription and access the oem docs. The manuals from 1997 actually have the best description with pictures as compared to the current publication which just provide directives.

Each person who has recieved the docs (or looked them up) has valided the info is accurate and supported by every paint manufacturer for both american and european oems.
People have asked you for this information before and you've not once posted it. Feel free to.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I am still waiting for beechkid to post pics of any of the details he has done. He is so quick to post this every time the subject comes up that he must have years of experience and thousands of completed vehicles to show us results from, to give substance to his opinions.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by davidshick2
I personally don't do a second wash but some people on the detailing forums in Adams say you should so I just gave the option
Dave
Cool. I have never been a fan of it. Every time you touch your finish, if you are not repairing it or protecting it then you are potentially damaging it.

Different things work for different people. That's why we have so many options.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by DragonWolf
Of course it did. Didn't listen to the weather report did ya. Quack, quack
Nope I know better than to do that that guy is always wrong on the weather.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Wash
Clay Bar
Prewax Cleaner
Polish
Synthetic Wax
next day
Wash
Dry
2nd Coat of wax

Don't forget to Rainx the windshield (2 coats)

Old 06-19-2011, 12:07 AM
wash
clay bar
prewax cleaner
polish
synthetic wax
2nd day
wash
dry
2nd coat of wax
don't forget the windshield with RainX (2coats)

I use all Mothers products

Old 06-19-2011, 09:37 AM
I do quick jobs anymore due to lack of time, but believe it's still good. Wash, clay (claying IS a good step, used this for years with excellent results), swirl remover often by hand, then Eagle One Nanowax. I don't do 2 coats of wax but do it twice a year. My favorite is the use of megs 105 and 205 polishes with a DA polisher instead of the swirl remover.

Quick Reply: Is this correct