Fixing small hole in a leather seat??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fixing small hole in a leather seat??

Hey guys...I posted this on another page and didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd give it a try over here!...I've got a 2010 F-150 with the adobe leather seats. I bought the vehicle new and have had it just over a year. I noticed yesterday that there is a small hole in the leather seat on the drivers side. The hole is right in the middle of a crease that has been made in the leather just from regular use. I'm really pissed because I try so hard to make sure that I'm not scuffing/sliding off the side of the seat as I'm getting out of the truck and I can't imagine that I should be having an issue with this after having the truck for just over a year! Do you think this is something that Ford would be willing to warranty? If not, what's the best way to fix a small hole like this so it doesn't get any bigger? Thanks for the help...

Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Question

Anybody??? I've found a couple leather repair kits, but I'd just like to know if anyone has actual used anything like that or if there is a better way to do it. Thanks guys...

Old 06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor
3M recently introduced a Leather & Vinyl Repair Kit and we've been getting excellent feedback on it so far. It's very easy to use, and takes very little time or skill level to effectively repair minor holes/tears in leather and vinyl surfaces.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
3M recently introduced a Leather & Vinyl Repair Kit and we've been getting excellent feedback on it so far. It's very easy to use, and takes very little time or skill level to effectively repair minor holes/tears in leather and vinyl surfaces.

Nick...thanks for the response and the help!! I'll give it a try. By the way...Autogeek is awesome!!! I order all of my products through you guys and I've had nothing but great service everytime. Thanks...

Old 06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by 10GAUGE19
Nick...thanks for the response and the help!! I'll give it a try. By the way...Autogeek is awesome!!! I order all of my products through you guys and I've had nothing but great service everytime. Thanks...
Don't forget to use coupon code F150 to save 10% off your next order!

By the way, another great 3M product for leather surfaces that have been neglected is the 3M Leather & Vinyl Cleaner/Restorer. It's very easy to use and will make old leather look new again.

Last edited by Nick@Autogeek; 06-17-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey 10Gauge --- let me know how your repair turns out. I recently discovered a small tear in my driver's side seat - 06 Lariat with the tan leather. Looks as if it was made by the seat belt rubbing against the left upright side of the seat. Before I go to an upholstery shop I'd love to see pics of your repair.

Quick Reply: Fixing small hole in a leather seat??