White truck detail

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White truck detail

Any body got any tips an tricks on how to properly detail a white tuck?an make it have a mirror finish if possible? thanks guys

Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by southern2003fx4
Any body got any tips an tricks on how to properly detail a white tuck?an make it have a mirror finish if possible? thanks guys
Mine always comes out great doing the following:

Wash
Clay
Glaze
Sealant
Wax

Old 06-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Wash
Clay
Poorboy's SSR-2.5 (if necessary)
Poorboy's SSR-1
Poorboy's Pro Polish
Poorboy's EXP
Poorboy's White Diamond
Nattys
Beer as necessary!
1 through 5 applied with PC7424XP

Last edited by B&WScrew; 06-13-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 06-13-2011, 10:18 PM
I detailed my '94 Gen. 1 Lightning a few weeks ago and it came out looking great.

1. wash & dry
2. clay bar kit
3. Meg's Swirl X polish (DA polisher)
4. Meg's NXT 2.0 Tech Wax (DA polisher)
5. Turtle Wax Ice Spray Detailer with a microfiber the following day

Here's a link to a few of the detail pic's.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-li...-cleaning.html

Old 06-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Oxford White is a great color - if you want something easy to take care of that hides virtually all minor imperfections. On the other hand, it's a bear to detail if you really want it to "pop." Even if you do, it's virtually impossible to take a good picture of because if its refelctive properties.

That said, there is plenty of hope for you. As others have said, a good bath followed by clay is a good start. Then, based on the condition of your paint, you need to do an appropriate amount of correction. Without seeing your paint (and remember the problem with pictures and white from above), it's tough to tell you what you need to use. Needless to say, the more imperfections you can remove, the better your paint will look. As has also been stated, you can cheat a little bit and cover some imperfections with a glaze such as Poor Boy's White Diamond prior to the LSP of your choice. I'm currently using Zaino and / or Duragloss on mine.

How good can it look? Here's a couple of shots of one of my white trucks:

Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 AM
If you want to see something with more miles on it, here's my 2005 just before I traded it in with 79,000 miles on the clock.

And I should add that these shots were taken after I'd applied a coat of Collonite Insulator Wax as the LSP. Remember though, it's not the LSP that gives the shine. It's all the prep work that comes before it. The LSP just adds depth and protection.

Last edited by 2stroked; 06-14-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:56 PM
WOW! that looks great i have done some r@r on mine when i got it two years ago it wa dullll!!! bout ive done some swirl x removal an some meguirs cleaner wax it realy shines i can see my reflection but i knw i can do more!

Old 06-14-2011, 06:53 PM
White trucks are a pita to wax, period. I use zaino's which makes it that much tougher because it is used in such small quantities making it harder to see your coverage. The main thing I do after washing and claying is, make sure the truck is in a position where there are plenty of light sources around so you can look at their reflections on the paint to check your wax or sealer coverage. It takes patience and a little more time but it is well worth it. You cant beat a white truck in my opinion.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by TICKINGTIMEBOMB
White trucks are a pita to wax, period. I use zaino's which makes it that much tougher because it is used in such small quantities making it harder to see your coverage. The main thing I do after washing and claying is, make sure the truck is in a position where there are plenty of light sources around so you can look at their reflections on the paint to check your wax or sealer coverage. It takes patience and a little more time but it is well worth it. You cant beat a white truck in my opinion.
I've used Zaino products on a number of my vehicles and as much as I like the stuff, it has virtually no correction ability (unless you're using the Fusion) and very little hiding ability. So, if you have a pretty decent surface to begin with, it's great stuff. If you don't, you won't find a huge difference.

Quick Reply: White truck detail