Hyperwash for FD Fleet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyperwash for FD Fleet?

Hey guys, I searched here and came up with limited info on Meg's Hyperwash. I am considering ordering some for my small volunteer fire department (7 total apparatus) and wanted some opinions. Obviously the dilution ratio is appealing, but for the money it seems like it would be good for us. Seems pretty idiot proof with 1 pump per 5 gallon bucket, and I think that would help cut down on the over use of soap that we are dealing with now. Not to mention I don't want to have to make orders all the time, so the less frequent I have to deal with it, the better.

Thoughts? I would love to hear from you guys who have actually used it.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't used it, but Optimum No Rinse is just GREAT and leave the paint beautiful.

Jim

Old 06-24-2011, 01:26 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
ONR is a rinseless wash, I think the OP is looking for a conventional wash product - I think that would be a real pain to use on a fire truck.

Never used it, but it *is* in the Megs professional line, so I assume it's a decent product and a lot better than using something like dish soap.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by glc
ONR is a rinseless wash, I think the OP is looking for a conventional wash product - I think that would be a real pain to use on a fire truck.

Never used it, but it *is* in the Megs professional line, so I assume it's a decent product and a lot better than using something like dish soap.
Correct. ONR is interesting, but not really meant for what I need. I may just order some and see how it works out. Right now we use whatever is on sale at Walmart and we go through it like crazy. Trying to keep up a fleet with consumer grade products is futile.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Hyperwash is an excellent shampoo and a heck of a bargain considering its dilution ratio.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:32 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
Too bad Mobil no longer has Sovasuds - when I was working in a Mobil station many years ago we used to order it in 55 gallon drums. The bottles are now collector's items.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:07 PM
I have used it for years, and have been very happy with it. Just make sure you use the proper mix ratio. A little goes a very long way. If you mix it too strong, it will strip off the wax/sealant/whatever is on the paint.

I think it would be a great choice for your application.

Quick Reply: Hyperwash for FD Fleet?