Wet Glaze 2.0 - Product Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wet Glaze 2.0 - Product Review

What is Wet Glaze 2.0?

“Wet Glaze 2.0 is a pure gloss enhancer. It isn't a polish and it sure isn't a glaze like you have ever used before. It has been reformulated for increased depth, gloss, and dripping wet reflections!

Wet Glaze 2.0 is made with acrylic polymers that form a very strong bond to the vehicles surface so you are sure it will not wash away like other glazes. The polymers also allow Wet Glaze 2.0 to do something that you can't even think about doing with other glazes, they allow it to be topped with a wax or sealant without any bonding or application issues! …”

Packaging:
The packaging is well done and the directions are plain and simple. Pretty much apply then remove.
Reading the bottle it states “A Pure gloss Enhancer, Can be layered under or over a wax or sealant, Hides Fine Swirls” Hmmm....now that's different can be used with a sealant???

Application:
“Shake well. Can be applied by hand or machine. Simply apply 2 dime size drops to a foam or microfiber hand applicator or 2 nickel size drops to a soft foam machine pad. Work the product evenly spreading a thin layer until it seems to melt into the paint. Wet Glaze can be removed instantly.”

I used a PC speed 4 with a LC 5.5" black flat pad and applied it to a white (not metallic) paint vehicle. I slightly primed the pad w/Wet Glaze 2.0 and then put two nickel sized drops opposite each other. The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to apply. Per the bottle directions I did a section pass until it "disappeared" into the paint. I was told “It can be layered any way you want with a wax or sealant”.

Removal:
After the application I removed it almost right away with a plush fine quality MF towel. I have never used a product that was that easy to apply or remove! I was told “You could leave it on all day and will remove just as easy.”

Layering:
Wet Glaze 2.0 can be layered on itself. What is the "diminishing return point of layering" of WG 2.0? After a certain number of WG 2.0 layers the advantage is visually very minimal. They said “After 3 layers you will reach that point of diminishing returns as far as gloss/looks”

Results:
I can't even begin to tell you how glossy and shiny the white car was. I got so excited I decided to apply a second coat. This "kicked it way up another notch". I now quickly regard this as a primo top shelf product. I was told “It's hard to convince people that it will make a difference on white even. Two coats its killer”

I followed up the second coat of Wet Glaze 2.0 with a top shelf sealant. I wiped off the sealant when it dried to a haze and I could not believe the depth, shine and gloss. The plain white paint just flat out sparkled!!!

Reaction:
Well the person arrives, takes a look at their car and says..."I expected it to look better but this is flat out unbelievable!" I thought to myself I'd like to think it was the hours I put into polishing the paint but in my heart I knew it was the Wet Glaze 2.0 that was the icing on the cake that pushed it way over the top.

Just when I thought I've done it all, used it all, been there, and done that with about every detailing product ever made. Here comes Wet Glaze 2.0. I can't wait to try it on black or red.

Q & A:
These are questions I asked and the answers I received.

Can Wet Glaze be applied in combination with Zaino Z-2?
Will the Z-2 bond correctly?

They said “I actually did this test with both Z2 and Z3 back in October. Here is what I found.....

Z2 has strong solvents in it which can potentially remove weaker underlying products. To test this you can use it on single stage paint alongside Z3 and you will notice that the Z2 will actually produce more paint transfer onto your applicator than the Z3 will. This is the stronger solvents at work.

When I applied the WG/Z2 combo I applied Z2 first to clean paint followed by 1 layer of WG. It was an amazing combo! I then applied a second coat of Z2, then WG, and lastly Z2.

Z-2
WG
Z-2
WG
Z-2

What is the longevity/durability on top of a LSP?

"One layer will last a solid month as a topper. I've even used those 3 coats as my lsp for two months because it does provide minor protection and will even bead water like a full blown sealant."

As far as the "diminishing return point of layering" some folks have put up to 30 coats of Z-2.
Past 5-6 coats of Z-2 IMHO it's a waste and more real improvement can be visually detected.

"I applied 15 coats of WG to a test vehicle and after 3 layers the look didn't change much but you could actually see the thickness, or film build, increase. It looks thick and almost takes away from the initial look but will fill the Grand Canyon if that’s the goal."

The most common layering methods are....

1. Wet Glaze
2. Sealant
3. Wax

1. Wet glaze
2. Sealant
3. Wet Glaze

1. Wet Glaze
2. Wax
3. Wet Glaze

1. Wet Glaze
2. Sealant
3. Wax
4. Wet Glaze

“Wet Glaze can be layered in any combination but we do recommend letting your sealant or wax cure according to the manufactures recommendation before applying Wet Glaze 2.0 on top. Testing showed that as a topper Wet Glaze will last a solid month with weekly washings.”

Here are a couple of black truck pics from another Wet Glaze 2.0 user.

Here are my results on a red Solara

Summary:
Fast and easy to apply and remove with minor filling and an excellent wet look and feel. A great pre-show topper!

Merlin has a new elixir in his majic shoppe for the “show car” finish! I give Wet Glaze 2.0 - 5 stars!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great review. I use this stuff and it's awesome. If you want a glaze with some cleaners in it, try EZ Glaze.

Jim

Old 10-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I may have to look into this

Old 11-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used this stuff again today...I gotta say the more I use it the more I love it!
It leaves a slick, rich, deep, wet-looking shine! This stuff is easy to use & FUN!

The ease of application and removal is very simple and gives excellent results.
The way it makes the paint look and feel afterwards is truly OUTSTANDING!

It's very easy to apply. just about the easiest product I've ever used to remove and the results...well they are flat out awesome!

Old 11-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though it doesn't last very long, it is so effortless to apply and remove that it doesn't take long to re-apply. I used it the first time this year on both our DD's and was a decent difference in depth/wetness compared to not using a glaze. I'll be using again.

Just did my cousin's F250 (7 year old work truck that's never been touched and in really bad shape). I don't have a rotary nor the experience in doing the proper correcting this vehicle needed. But between the filling capabilities of SRP and Wet Glaze 2.0, it really did some miracle work.

Quick Reply: Wet Glaze 2.0 - Product Review