New Product! Optimum Microfiber Pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Product! Optimum Microfiber Pads

When Dr. David Ghodoussi, president and CEO of Optimum Polymer Technologies talks automotive surface care, people listen. So when the word was out on Optimum's new line of microfiber pads, professional detailers and detailing enthusiasts around the world were all ears.

While the idea of microfiber pads are nothing new in the paint correction industry, Optimum Polymer Technologies set out to give this critically acclaimed design a complete Optimum makeover. Like other products developed by Dr. G, the new microfiber pads raise the bar even higher and provide another unique, and effective approach to paint correction.

What makes Optimum's microfiber pads unique is their low profile, reticulated, open-cell foam backing that provides superior cooling. A cooler running pad equals a longer pad life. Along with the unique, open cell foam backing is the advanced laminating system that ensures maximum durability out of the pads. No need to worry about the backing material separating from the pads because these are built to last. Last, but certainly not least, is their ability to be used with a rotary polisher, something that cannot be said for other microfiber pads on the market.

Available in several sizes as a polishing and cutting pad, the latter of which will be available after SEMA, Optimum's microfiber pads are designed to work with their Hyper Compound Spray, Hyper Polish Spray and Poli-Seal AIO to provide superior paint correction and finish LSP ready. The Microfiber Polishing Pads are now available and I didn't waste any time putting them to the test last night with a swirled up hood, Flex PE14-2-150 and a bottle of the Hyper Polish Spray.

Two light mists of Hyper Polish Spray is all that's required and I went to work. I played around with the variable speed settings on the Flex PE14-2-150 and finally settled around 1,200 RPM. Hyper Polish Spray used in conjunction with the new Microfiber Polishing Pad is like Mario Andretti and a Formula One car, it just works. Hyper Polish Spray is such a pleasure to work with even when used with a foam pad that you would think it couldn't possibly get any better. When used with the new Microfiber Polishing Pad, Hyper Polish Spray is like magic in a bottle. I knew Dr. G was a great chemist but I didn't know he was a magician.

What you see above is about five section passes at 1,200 RPM on a Flex PE14-2-150 rotary polisher. As you can clearly see, the new Optimum Microfiber Polishing Pad finished beautifully.

Tip: Clean the pad and fluff up the fibers using a Foam Pad Conditioning Brush before moving on to the area.

Now it's ready for another round!

First impressions are everything, and for the short amount of time I spent with Optimum's newest creation, I walked away impressed and wanting to come back for more, which I most certainly will as you can expect a comprehensive review of Optimum's new Microfiber Polishing Pads in the near future.

Optimum Microfiber Polishing Pads

Optimum Polymer Technologies

Quick Reply: New Product! Optimum Microfiber Pads