Win a Copy of Mike Phillips' Book - The Art of Detailing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Win a Copy of Mike Phillips' Book - The Art of Detailing!

Mike Phillips, a leading expert in the field of automotive detailing and reconditioning with over 33 years of experience walks you through the proper detailing steps in his new book - The Art of Detailing. Available in both E-Book and paperback!

We're going to give away a paperback copy of Mike Phillips' book, the Art of Detailing, to ONE lucky winner!

Detailing started out as a hobby for Mike until he got a job at Meguiar's where he became a trainer. He now resides at Autogeek where he has been the Director of Training for over two years now. Mike Phillips is not only known for his expertise in the art of detailing, he is also recognized world-wide for his extensive how-to articles, videos, and the classes that he teaches.

[I]The Art of Detailing takes you in-depth into the world of automotive detailing. Mike walks you through a step-by-step process of choosing the right tools, identifying paint imperfections, selecting products, and how to remove those imperfections to produce a brilliant show car shine using a dual-action polisher. Mike's detailed explanations are simple and straightforward. Beginners and professionals alike will benefit from reading over 33 years of hands-on experience as Mike Phillips guides you through the art of detailing.

• 125 color pages
  • Full color images
  • Step by step instructions
  • Glossary of detailing terms
  • Interactive Navigation (E-Book)

To enter, simply reply to this thread with a brief explanation of why you want to learn the art of detailing and you will automatically be entered to win a paperback copy of Mike's book!

The Winner will be announced Thursday, October 27th!.

Mike Phillips' The Art of Detailing Paperback Book

Mike Phillips' The Art of Detailing E-book

*To be eligible to win you must be located in the contiguous 48 states.*

Old 10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I would like to learn more about detailing because I need to know proper applications and pad uses for the different types of products available on the market.....

I know you have a forum and its a great learning tool but having a hard copy is nice also...

Thanks

Last edited by 88racing; 10-21-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would like the book because MIke is so knowledgeable and it would be nice to have all this detailing information in one, easily accessible place.

Jim

Old 10-22-2011, 10:31 AM
I have always been into keeping my cars clean and entering into car shows but living in Missouri it is hard to with all the different weather changes that we experience through out a year. I try to keep the paint clean and covered with the proper waxes and cleaners but you never know 100% of anything. I think the information from an expert would be a great addition for my vehicles.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Going beyond clay bar/wash/wax would be a plus. I'm always looking for ways/techniques to have my truck look better

Old 10-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Because I want a free book? :o

Seriously though, have too many cars (the newest one an 03) who have to suffer from the elements, and I need all the help I can get, on how to keep them looking good better/more efficiently/with less effort.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 AM
I suck at detailing! Sure could use some help.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

id like to learn cuz i have an 04 tahoe and o4 f250 that both could you a good detail but paying someone to do each is way too expensve

Old 10-23-2011, 12:36 PM
I would like to learn more about detailing because its something both of my vehicles need and taking care of cars is something im passionate about. I feel confidant in taking care of them mechanically i just need help and direction in the exterior and interior of my vehicles.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Because my wifes truck looks horrible and she is not happy.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I want to learn more about detailing! Detailing is more than just washing or putting on a coat of wax. Detailing is thoroughly cleaning, removing contaminates, swirls, scratches, stains, oxidation and other imperfections from automotive paint to produce a show-quality level of finish.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 PM
i would like to get a better grasp on the techniques involved

Old 10-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mike is a pretty sharp guy... I've worked with him at Meguiar's and have actually met his family/kids at their house.

It's weird to see him in a Pinnacle shirt...

Old 10-26-2011, 05:58 AM
His book could be a good reference for me, I have a hard time remembering what color pad does what

Old 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Alexcngford
I would like to learn more about detailing because its something both of my vehicles need and taking care of cars is something im passionate about. I feel confidant in taking care of them mechanically i just need help and direction in the exterior and interior of my vehicles.
Congrats Alexcngford, you are the winner! Send me a PM with your complete shipping information.

Quick Reply: Win a Copy of Mike Phillips' Book - The Art of Detailing!