Air Conditionaling - Steaming up on the outside?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Conditionaling - Steaming up on the outside?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their truck steaming up on the outside of the windows, and what was done to get it to stop happening. I have a/c, and it only seems to happen when it's cool outside, and it's on defrost.

Thanks,
-TubaMan

Old 07-20-2001, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is normal when using AC to defrost. The glass gets cold enough to condense water vapor in the outside air. It is more prevalent in humid weather. RainX or any other hydrophobic window coating will lessen it but you cannot eliminate it. When you are done defrosting the inside change to the AC or another dial setting that does not blow on the windshield.

Old 07-20-2001, 06:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is condensation caused by the side window defrosters which work even in the AC and MAX AC positions. I have the same probem as it gets humid here, and I like it COLD in my truck. I've thought about blocking the side defrost vents in the summer to prevent this. The condenstation always happens right in my view of the rear-view mirrors.

Old 07-25-2001, 08:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Here in Houston,with 80 to 100% humidity nearly all year,it gets bad. I even have condensation dripping from the dash vents,lol,,,,98

Quick Reply: Air Conditionaling - Steaming up on the outside?