Need advice on detailing equipment

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the OP.

I know a thing or two about this whole detailing thingamagig you speak of.

Here is a little example of what a PC7424 and the new Megs MF system can do for you.

This is taking dog scratches out of my paint, compliments of the fine Blue Lacys at Pecan Peak Ranch.

Another look!

afters

I own 2 Rotarys, 1 Flex and 2 PC7424's. 99.9% of what I do gets done with the Flex and now with the new MF system, I am back to using my PC7424's almost exclusively.

Want more? Ok

Best of luck to ya!

Cheers

RR

Old 11-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Nothing wrong with the PC7424, I will purchase a Flex one day.
I buy the majority of my detailing products from AutoGeek, they are great to deal with.
There are so many excellent products, it does get confusing, budget is also a factor - how much to spend?
Have and do use Menzera, Meg's, 3M.
One group of products which I love and use on my black pickup is Duragloss products, these are inexpensive and are terrific performers. Duragloss, makes a full range of cleaners, polishes and sealer. Great bang for dollar never had an issue with Duragloss. My paint always looks "wet" and fluid with Duragloss. (BTW I do not work for them, I just really like their products) I have used Menzera on my Corvette (really hard clearcote) and Range Rover.
Many great products to choose from, and we all have our favorites, good luck and have fun detailing!

Last edited by olbear; 11-22-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:52 AM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
A good experienced detailer can do a great job and wind up with a great looking vehicle with just about any brand of product. It's all in the technique and attention to detail.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by glc
A good experienced detailer can do a great job and wind up with a great looking vehicle with just about any brand of product. It's all in the technique and attention to detail.
pretty well said there.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:13 PM
x2, great site and great customer service.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while to respond. I want to thank everyone! Merlin sent me a good PM outlining the products he recommends and I have looked at many others. I will eventually go with what I think is the best deal since money is a factor and I am not trying to get professional results, just really good results. I feel, like glc said, I can accomplish what I want with whatever I choose.

Thanks to all! And also thanks especially for the pictures!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by glc

Quick Reply: Need advice on detailing equipment