Detail spray after wax

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Detail spray after wax

This past weekend I did my annual 6 month full detail; wash,claybar,polish,and wax.This time I used my Meguiars Ultimate detail spray after waxing with NXT 2.0. Will/Did this hurt the wax or actually help it?

I also use the Ultimate detail spray on my plastics.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NXT 2.0 is a synthetic sealant. I like the shiny look but it does not have a lot of longevity. Here's a quote on Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer spray.

"Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer is a spray detailer plus a wax booster in one! The Hydrophobic Polymer Technology creates a high level of surface tension that results in a slicker, darker surface that repels water like never before! The slick coating holds up to several car washes and adds another layer of protection over the existing wax or sealant. After 12 hours of curing, the polymers in Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer will achieve their maximum level of protection."

The polymers in UQD take 12 hours to cure and bond.
IMHO UQD is not as shiny as NXT 2.0 but I like the look of UQD better.
I have found that UQD is a bit streaky after application until it has time to cure.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
...This time I used my Meguiars Ultimate detail spray after waxing with NXT 2.0. Will/Did this hurt the wax or actually help it?
Short answer, It will not hurt and it will probably help.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:41 AM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
Use the UQD after each wash, it will definitely help with protection.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Use the UQD after each wash, it will definitely help with protection.
Agreed. Personally, I use Prima Slick on my vehicles. I haven't found something better.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ford/GM/Chrysler/MB/Porsche all have service directives that specifically refer to paint correction/contamination procedures and clay bar is not a referred procedure and specifically identified as a method which only removes the surface level paint contaminants and as such, the "root' of the contaminant remains continues to destroy the paint from underneath the surface layer of the paint.

Just remember, Mequire's clay bar is rated at 3500 grit. There much better clay bar products out there rated at much finer grits- so if you are comfortable and believe your paint needs to be wet-sanded, and that is the only and safest way to correct the flaw/issue, then do so but remember, for 90% for all paint contamination issues there are products designed to relieve/remove/neutralize the contaminants without reducing the mil thickness of the clear coat

These procedures date back to 1990 and are still published in current oem paint maintenance publications/service manuals.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...r-bar-1997.jpg

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...y-bar-2006.jpg

General paint cleaning (if required) - use a 50/50 mix of denatured alcohol & water (denatured is available at any hardware store & is oil free). It will remove any wax/polish and most all environmental contamination & ensure you are starting with a very clean surface.

Quick Reply: Detail spray after wax