Wax at the coin op wash centers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wax at the coin op wash centers?

Is it worth the dollar?

I have always wondered does the Wax at the coin operated pressure wash bays actually do anything or am i just wasting my time?

Old 08-01-2001, 05:52 PM
Basically it acts as a drying agent, meaning it will make the rinse water bead up and "roll" or blow off as you drive or go thru a dryer. Follow the wax with the spot free rinse and you'll be dry before you get home, with minimal spotting. It may offer a little protection, but dont depend on it as your only waxing. Nothing beats a good wax job.
If you dry your vehicle off at the car wash right after your washing, you may not receive any benefit from the "wax" but for those who wash it and leave, it will provide some benefit as long as the spot free rinse was used after it as described above. Also, the spot free rinse is not a "gimmick" as many will think. It is specially filtered water ( either reverse osmosis, or de-ionized) to remove 98-99% of the minerals and other deposits that cause water spots. Hope it helps you out..
Oh yes, I own a car wash, I use the wax, and the spot free rinse with excellent results on my own vehicles. So now you've heard it from the horses mouth.

Old 08-01-2001, 06:20 PM
You were actually the exact person I was hoping would answer my question. Thanks one50npump. I remember reading on here that someone owned a car wash couldn't remember who. I guess it was you. So thanks for your help. I always used the wax and would notice that it does help the water bead off quicker. And I do always use the spot free. Someone told me once it pointless to wax unless it leaves a film on you truck that I would have to buff off, so thats why I was wondering if car wash wax helped. Thanks again.

Old 08-01-2001, 07:56 PM
no problem..... glad i could help..

Quick Reply: Wax at the coin op wash centers?