Rust repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rust repair

I have dealt with rust on my truck long enough it is mostly surface rust on the rockers. on my 2003 F-150.

I was thinking, grinding it down, then applying primer body filler. sand it and then use a paint matched aerosol application and finally a clear to make it look decent.

Then Herculiner the rockers.

Has anyone done this before? can I make the paint "Blend"

Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Saber123316
I have dealt with rust on my truck long enough it is mostly surface rust on the rockers. on my 2003 F-150.

I was thinking, grinding it down, then applying primer body filler. sand it and then use a paint matched aerosol application and finally a clear to make it look decent.

Then Herculiner the rockers.

Has anyone done this before? can I make the paint "Blend"
Sanding it down- yes....then apply a rust converter/neutralizer otherwise microscopic specs will pop up in a very short time.....and yes, you can actually match the paint with little to no issue...BC/CC is the easiest!!!!!

a local auto paint supplier can provide you with everything!

Old 05-17-2013, 02:03 AM
I just did mine. I didnt go the replace new metal route because I dont think its needed. I sanded down, cut bad material out, coated with rust converter (POR-15) then applied fiberglass hair and the "bondo". It is much harder to sand but its not poris. Mine looks really good and should hold up very well. Ive seen such ways last longer than the truck/car. I just wouldnt use bondo. Use figerglass hair or filler.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Well i will suggest you that you can remove the rust with some lemon liquid or with some vinegar. After remove the rust obviously your paint has also be removed so to recover it you should use some kind of graphics paint or must use wrapping, because these are best as compare to simple paints.

Our Website

Last edited by Hamlan; 10-21-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Rust repair