Meguiars' Gold Class opinions and experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Meguiars' Gold Class opinions and experiences

Hello. Currently my truck is in Lubbock, where there are sandstorms and an actual winter (as compared to Houston area). I've seen Meguiar's Gold Class wax several times in stores, and finally decided to buy some.

What are your opinions on this wax? Will the wax coat last a long time or will it be depleted after the first or second car wash? Finally how good of a job does it do on very light swirl marks?

Last time I waxed with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, but I left that at home. I didn't think that lasted as long as it should have.

Old 08-31-2001, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hades281,

The Gold Class has a nice shine, but my experience shows that it doesn't hold up well. A few washes, and it's gone. It is not made to cover up swirl marks either. If you like the Meguiars products, I would suggest the Medallion Premium Paint protection for the wax, and the ScratchX for the swirl marks.

For me it's strickly Zainos.

Just my 2 cents.

Boss_429

Old 09-02-2001, 08:58 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Similiar experience here, looks good, just doesn't last. I have use 3m brand products for the past 15 years & I just haven't found anything that beats their quality & ease of application.

I use:

hand glaze (swirl mark remover)
Liquid polish
Show car shine carnuba liquid. In 100 degree weather, I do the whole vehicle every 6 months and do the hood/roof/trunk every 3 months inbetween.

My 65 Shelby (which is garaged 300 days a year) has not been re-waxed for 8 years. Just touch-ups from swirl marks, etc.

Old 09-03-2001, 01:17 PM
I was told that Mothers is a softer wax which is recomended for show, but used in daily use small particles of sand and dirt will get stuck in the wax than work it way to the paint during wip[pings and wipe downs.

I was recomend to use Turtle Wax for daily use. It's harder and last a long while. I have alos heard good things about Zaino.

Old 09-03-2001, 03:49 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
FYI, True show only vehicles are never waxed because the wax changes the hue of the paint and typically only a polish is used.

Old 09-05-2001, 01:32 PM
I have found the Gold Class to be an excellent wax. I have used it for 2 years on my truck and have always been pleased with it. Also, they also make a car wash, which when used with the wax, will look like you waxed it every time you wash it. It really helps the wax to last longer. I have gotten many compliments on how shiney my truck was after I washed it. I it may have been 2 or 3 months since I have waxed it....
Check it out, you will not be dissapointed....

Old 09-06-2001, 10:26 AM
Gold Class is what I'm using now. It's REALLY easy to work with, and I do like the finish and protection against the elements. However, I do agree that it doesn't last long. When I run out (and it'll be a while) I'll probably switch to #26 yellow wax.

Old 09-16-2001, 02:29 AM
I like ZIP Carnuba WAX. You can't buy a better wax than pure Carnuba. It goes on fast, hazes up right away, and you just buff it off with a soft cloth. It hides light swirls in the paint finish and it shines and protects. Seems to last pretty good, especially if you wash your truck with something like Turtlewax Wash'n Wax. It puts a light coating of wax back on each time you wash your truck.

If you want to strip all the old wax and embedded dirt that has collected on the finish, mix up a stout bucket of liquid Tide. It will strip the wax and remove the dirt. Then, you're ready to put a new coating of wax on by hand and wasyh with Turtlewax again.

Old 09-16-2001, 10:53 AM
I used to apply the Mequires products but to keep the shine required alot of maintenance. A friend told me about Zaino Bros. so I tried and all I have to say is WOW!

Quick Reply: Meguiars' Gold Class opinions and experiences