'87 F150 Door Rust

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'87 F150 Door Rust

Hi.
I have an '87 F150. Recently, I started stripping off the rust spots on the truck as I wanted to do a quick touch up until such time as I get around to completely stripping it down and doing a complete paint job on the truck.

Unfortunately, the project got sidelined and before I got back to it the doors started to rust severely where I stripped off the paint.

What is interesting here is that on other panels where the paint is stripped, there is no rust, only on the doors.

I assume this has something to do with grounding.

Can someone please help me in understanding what is going on here?

Is there something in the electronic circuits that is grounded through the door? or are the doors the only parts on the truck that is not grounded?

No electronics in the doors, hand-crank wind up windows and manual door locks, two-door, 4-speed, 2-wheel drive, 5-liter (I think), fuel-injected.

Let me know if you require more info.

Thanks.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, It seems as though, as of yet, no one has an idea regarding this issue. I'll take some snaps tomorrow afternoon and post them so everyone can see how drastic the difference is. Hopefully, someone will have something specific about this issue. Cheers.

Quick Reply: '87 F150 Door Rust