nu-finish ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nu-finish ?

I have a question about Nufinish polish. I have never used it myself ,but my neighbor just used it on his Superduty & it look's awsome.(better than when he brought it home).
I'm not a big fan of using waxes. I have alway's used a product called Race Glaze polish & sealant that's made locally here.
It's work's great & hide's my black swirl's although it does'nt last very long.I think I might try this nufinish stuff,but I'm looking for all your opinion's first since I don't know a hell of alot about it.
Thank's.....Mike

Old 09-03-2001, 06:31 PM
I have used it on boats and older cars when the paint is starting to go away.

Old 09-04-2001, 12:36 AM
I started using Nufinish in 1987. It's always worked great, from the sun and humidity of Georgia to the frozen tundra of Alaska.

Old 09-04-2001, 03:41 PM
It's a polymer and if you don't use it forever and keep up with treatments, it'll reward you with blotchy protection. I used nufinish on my Ponty GP and wife's Honda Civic for two years and couldn't figure out why some parts of the cars looked great and others looked like hell. Nufinish wears unevenly. More specifically, it "blotches". I can't think of a better way to describe it. You've got to apply it more often than directions say to avoid the problem. And if you're going to that trouble, you may as well use conventional glazes and waxes. I trashed my Nufinish, but some folks like it. Now I just wash, glaze and wax and use a clay bar as necessary. I haven't found anything more reliable.

Old 09-04-2001, 05:07 PM
WHY????

You spend $20-40k for a vehicle. Why use CRAP to protect it?

Use a QUALITY product (ZAINO, KLASSE, PINNACLE, ONE GRAND, MOTHERS)

Old 09-04-2001, 06:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I started using Nu-Finish in the 80's when Consumer Reports ranked it no. 1 in their test. I try to apply it every 6 to 8 months instead of just once a year. I have always had good results with it. It shines well, is easy to use and lasts a long time. I tend to keep a vehicle a long time and it has always done a great job protecting the paint. Does anyone know if Consumer Reports still ranks it no. 1?

Old 09-05-2001, 12:14 AM
RedExpy said it best: He used it on his boats when the paint was bad. NuFinish is abrasive. Very. It has to be. Think about it. How else can it remove all that oxidized paint in order to make your finish "look like new" again , as in their commercials? Think what it's doing to your clearcoat.

Old 09-05-2001, 05:29 PM
JDF
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FALLSCREW,

I noticed your truck is black.
I'll throw in my two cents and say try giving the Tutle wax black polish a try. It's not expensive but I wouldn't call it crap. It is a polymer like nu-finish not wax. Say's to use once a year but I use it twice. My truck is black and so is my wife's altima. The best part is that because it is actually black, you don't get white dust in all the cracks and on the rubber molding. But is does fill in any minor "white" scratches as a benefit. I also wash with Turtle wax car wash with wax and every few washes I use the Turtle wax spray wax for a touch up. Always get compliments on how good I keep the truck looking.
No, I don't work for Turtle Wax.
I just believe that good products are good enough and that paying more for something does not mean it is better. For many products, the price is simply the price of expensive marketing or pyrimid sales or, as I like to call it, brainwashing.

Old 09-10-2001, 09:25 PM
JEC
Thumbs up nu-finish

I've used Nu-Finish for years on all my cars. It's one of the better
synthetics. I would never use an old fashion wax. It does not allow the clear coat to breath & eventually will yellow!

Old 09-13-2001, 12:30 PM
I have used nufinish in the past and have tried many others since. Last summer I used nufinish on my wife's mustang, and tht sold me....great finish, easy to use, and I bought another bottle for my supercrew...

Old 09-13-2001, 01:01 PM
One more time in case you missed it: NuFinish is Abrasive. Unless the formulation has been changed recently, you can kiss your clearcoat buh-bye after a few applications.

Old 09-13-2001, 02:20 PM
I've used it since the late 80's on all of my vehicles. I usually keep my vehicles for 6 to 8 years. (mine and my wife's) Applied every 9 months or so. Very easy to put on/take off. Can do a truck in about 2 hours. Never had a problem with "splotchy" coverage. Vehicles have always looked great and I've received repeated compliments from friends/neighbors on how great my cars/trucks always look. I've used it on Fords, Chryslers, Nissans, Hondas without any problems. Last truck I had for 9 years and it looks as great as it did the day I bought it. Water always beaded up.

If you say it's abrasive, well then it is. However, my experience has always been favorable and I don't have any complaints with the product. It works.

My $0.02 on the subject.

Old 09-23-2001, 04:48 PM
JD
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada (originally from Kearny, New Jersey)
JD

Ditto here, been using it for years. Goes on easy, comes off easy and gives it a nice shine. I like it.....

Quick Reply: nu-finish ?