Brown Tires, Grrrrr....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Brown Tires, Grrrrr....

Howdy;

I sure am tired of these ugly-*** brown tires that I wind-up with after driving in some rain. It's really something how they can look so good one minute, to looking so bad the next. I think at this point I've tried just about every tire-shine product on the market. Maybe not. Perhaps it is time to change my thinking here.

Has anyone come-up with other sucessful alternatives for tire blacking/shining, or other tire products that don't "brown"?

Thanks,

Old 09-07-2001, 11:53 AM
Try giving your tires a really good washing, using a stiff bristled brush and maybe some spray9 or the like. They apply your dressing.

I don't use dressing myself for the very reason you posted this topic - they make your tires dirty if you are in rain or dust. I prefer now the clean flat black look on my tires, choosing the easier maintenance route.

Hth

Bambino

Old 09-07-2001, 04:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up SOS pads

Use one pad per tire. If you have white letters, these come out very white afterward too. Looks 100% better, even without the tire shine stuff. 1000% better when you do put some on!

I only need to do this about once a month for the most part. During the winter, I usually don't bother putting on the tire shine, as it just gets washed off in the rain anyway. But the tires still look very black just using the pads. No nasty chemicals either! Won't hurt your wheels, unless you scrub them too .

Old 09-08-2001, 09:01 AM
Try "Back To Black" by Performance Products. It is a silicone base. Comes in a thin spay and a thick formula in a bottle. You want the Thick formula. This stuff lasts 2 weeks and I have not had any issues with Browning. This stuff also is good on black trim. I have been using it for about 5 years

Old 09-08-2001, 02:37 PM
Thumbs up westleys bleach white

I just tried this stuff last week, and holy crap does it work good!!
Just wet the tire, spray it on, scrub it and hose it off.

Old 09-25-2001, 08:08 PM
I clean the tires with westly's bleach white then apply Meguiars Endurance. It keeps the tires black for weeks.

Old 09-26-2001, 07:11 AM
Be careful gents, I have had Westley's "fog" more than one pair of wheels in the past. If it sits on the wheel for more than a minute you are asking for it.

Old 09-26-2001, 04:59 PM
Definitly bleach white, great for RWL's, blackwalls and the whitewalls on the old mans Studebaker. Have running water handy after you scrub your tires though. If left on there it could stain.

Old 09-26-2001, 11:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I've heard theres some stuff out there that you put on the tires and will stay on after driving thru the rain; maybe I'm just imagining again.......

Old 09-27-2001, 09:41 AM
Your are not imagining beast 97, it is Meguiar's tire gel. That stuff smells gooooood

Quick Reply: Brown Tires, Grrrrr....