Klasse vs. Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Klasse vs. Zaino

Which system have you guys had better luck with? Klasse All-In-One with Silicone Glaze or the Zaino system? Also, where can I find good prices on clay bars?

Old 09-20-2001, 04:43 PM
Zaino has worked very well for me. Good products. Nice folks (both Sal Zaino) and the local rep here in Indy) and they seem to get better the more you use them.

I need to get some new pictures up to show that the shine gets deeper. I think I had about 3 coats of polish on when the ones below were taken.

Take a look at my website and see what my father's Cadillac looked like after just one coat.

http://cpt.engr.iupui.edu/jkissner/

Old 09-20-2001, 05:05 PM
I have used both...

Both provide a great shine. ZAINO works out to be a little more expensive. But KLASSE is MUCH more work. It is sometimes VERY VERY difficult to remove fully. It looks like you got it all, then you take off, get to where ever you were going and you see some you missed. It is a very good system and protects well, but I have been detailing cars for 14 years and have never worked with something that is so "finicky". You can use Meguiars Final Inspection (#34?) and it will help. Just dont use any quick detailers with wax/ carnuaba in them.

I still use KLASSE on my 95 Corolla. The optimum coats (I dont know why it is) is 3. The shine gets better with each coat.

I would recommend ZAINO myself, but it is whatever floats your boat.

PS - The KLASSE All-In-One is great cleaner. Works on all kinds of stuff, shower, chrome, etc.

Old 09-20-2001, 05:45 PM
Zaino, Zaino, Zaino.

I have put on about 15 coats this year, about 6 in the last couple months, since the weather has been bad.

Old 09-21-2001, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the info, guys.

Mudder - 15 coats ?!?!?!? I definitely don't have time for that. Does it only last that long? How many bottles of the stuff did you go through in 15 coats?

Scooby14B - Why is Klasse much more work? When I read the Zaino instructions, I'm spraying with Z1 and then rubbing on Z5 and then wiping and then more Z1 and then Z2 and wipe. With Klasse, I'd use All-In-One and then High-Gloss-Silicone-Glaze. Zaino sounds like more work to me, so could you please explain.

PS - Does the Klasse All-In-One remove swirls as well? Where can I buy Klasse other than on-line? Any Zaino distributors in northern MI?

Old 09-21-2001, 05:38 PM
Zaino is several passes, but it's not a lot of work. Just time and patience.

If you use the claybar (Z-18) it adds a lot of time to the project.

But I've done vehicles in 3-4 hours and that was a 93 Geo Prism that had several rough spots on it and required a lot of bug and tar removal with WD-40 first.

I used the claybar and then Z-1. You don't take Z-1 off. Let it dry to a haze and then put either Z-2 or Z-5 on top of it. You can stop there if you want, but the Z-6 spray adds depth to the shine.

Wiping down with Z-6 on my truck takes about 5 minutes. Its just a "spray on the towel and wipe" kind of project.

Mudder's truck looks great, but I'm happy with the shine on my truck after a coat of Z-5 and 3 coats of Z-2. My red paint seemed to show better shine with Z-2 than with Z-5. And Z-5 is more expensive since it also takes out swirls.

My expectation is that if you try Zaino.......you'll never go back to anything else. It is very easy to apply and remove all of the products.

Hunt4Fun

Old 09-22-2001, 10:42 AM
Z1 is not a spray, it is a wipe on pre cleaner. You only use it ONCE! Between coats you can use Z6, which is the QD, it only helps application and shine. Z5 is the swirl "hider", you dont have to use it, it has minor swirl filling capabilities. You can go straight to Z2.

Any more questions feel free to ask.

Old 09-23-2001, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys. One final question. Shine is nice, and makes the vehicles look great in the summer, but in MI winters, there's very little car left to see through the layer of salt and road grime anyways. So, in your opinions, which protects or holds up better to 3-4 months of winter abuse? Are they both synthetic? Sounds like we've got mostly Zaino folks around here, but I appreciate any comments.

Old 09-23-2001, 11:19 PM
Both will hold up well. I only say KLASSE is alot of work because it can be "finicky" to remove. You have to get such a THIN layer that it is difficult. You have to put it on so thin that you cant tell where you have put it on. You usually end up putting on too much, therefore making removal harder. If you stay with VERY thin layers then it is not hard.

Old 09-24-2001, 01:04 PM
Cherry Wet Wax is the way to go. Easy on, easy off, and very reasnably priced. Check my sig, both vehicles have been clay'd and CWW'd. If you want more info, email me.

Here is where you can get it: http://www.coatsproducts.com/

Old 09-27-2001, 10:25 AM
buckslayer,

I use a combination of two types of Zaino. Once I add the Z-2, I then add the scratch and swirl remover, which really makes my truck shine. What I normally do, is clean my truck on a Monday, add the Z-2, then wash it again Thursday night, and add the scratch and swirl remover. I do this, so my truck REALLY looks shiny for the weekend, so I can do all that crusing and look good

Normally, the wax last long if I decide not to wax for, lets say a month (must be sick, or really busy). Remember, I may wash up to two times a week, with a very high pressure washer, always using Zaino soap. I wouldn't change waxes for anything, it's so easy. One bottle of each, usally last me a few months, and if I run out, not really a big deal. There are a couple Zaino distributors in the area, so I can get two bottles for $15.99 each, not bad at all.

Old 09-28-2001, 09:43 AM
Question Local Reps?

Mudder,

I live in Frisco, Texas and was wondering whom the local reps are and how can I contact them?

Thanks

Old 09-28-2001, 12:02 PM
If mudder is not aware of someone, you can contact Sal Zaino directly at

wet@zainobros.com

He is very helpful.

Hunt4Fun

Old 09-28-2001, 03:53 PM
You don't need 15 coats but the stuff is so easy to use and the shine is addicting! I love it. You can even let it dry overnight if you run out of daylight and it still comes right off. I use z1, z5 and z2. I have z6 but haven't really used it yet.

Quick Reply: Klasse vs. Zaino