Thanks guys..now how do I get peanut butter of my plastic trim!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2001, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F-150 Ram Air:

Actually I do believe you....for many many years have myself experimented with "ordinary" household stuff to improve finish of paint and tires etc....
1. ever try distilled white venagar for water spots?
2. ever try panty hose for buffing (it's kinky but works)?
3. ever polish / wax your paint and finish the job with cornstarch?
I used to enter hodrod mustangs in car shows and the judges just never could not believe how I got the finish to almost glow in the dark.....a lifetime of experimenting produces tricks and techniques that cant be found in books...as you well know.

Have you ever taken your truck to a dyno ?.....you may find the point where the stumbling block is on your power curve. I suspect
breathing and gears are the issue.

well must go now.... I'm gonna try your bacon routine on my side pipes....should I use american bacon or canadian ?

But must say again that your truck is "immaculate"...in fact i'm jealous!

Old 10-01-2001, 02:04 PM
Georgia_Moon,

That's a good idea. There's one right around the corner. I pass it 50 times a day an didn't even think about it. I think I'm gonna take a ride tomorrow. So, how the bacon work? Thanks for the comment. I do my best to keep it immaculate.

Old 10-01-2001, 06:24 PM
F-150 Ram Air,

Let us know about your dyno results if you have it done.

I tried the bacon...but then realized that something was missing...
...yes....I needed to throw on some scrambled eggs too....yes...
boy that polished look sure came out plus smell good too...next time will try some grits on them thar pipes....maby were onto to something big here.

Old 10-01-2001, 06:33 PM
Georgia Moon,

Does that distilled vinegar work on caked on hard water spots, or just the ones you catch right away? Doesn't that vinegar damage the paint at all?

Old 10-01-2001, 07:01 PM
cpadpl,

The distilled WHITE vinegar works best when the water spots have not been on there for 3 or more days. The Hard Water minerals and bacteria actually EAT the glass....so quicker is better...

The venegar won't hurt paint as long as you have fully "wetted"
adjacent body panels with water before spraying or applying
the venegar.....BUT dont let this stuff stay on for more than a minute etc......then hose off your glass AND your painted body panels...repeated trys are ok.

In the past when entered some car shows used to wash my vehicle as normal...spray a 50/50 mix of Distilled White venegar and water. (little squirt bottle)....gently rub with a cotton rag all the paint....(takes 1-1.5 minutes)....then fully hose with water the car again....then.......blowdry the vehicle with a yard / leaf blower...Final touch was rubbing teflon liquid on all the paint...

When I say truly a beautiful and unusual shine...I mean it. To this day Mustang car show judges never believed I used such simple
approaches to "shinning" a vehicle.

Old 10-01-2001, 07:08 PM
Don't suppose you have a cure for caked on hard water spots..

Old 10-09-2001, 11:59 AM
Talking

I've been told that the product from Coats called Bumper Nu is supposed to take the wax off of plastic. I am going to try it. Besides, What is worse, wax on the plastic or a herd of leg hiking dog hanging around your truck after they just had themselves a peanut butter bumper!!!

Quick Reply: Thanks guys..now how do I get peanut butter of my plastic trim!