loose rubber trim/gasket on roof

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question loose rubber trim/gasket on roof

It looks as though the trim/gasket/whatever it is between the roof and rear window area has fallen inside. Does anyone know how to take this area apart so I can reseat it? It's located about an inch above the 3rd brake light housing.

Thanks,
Pete

Old 09-29-2001, 05:47 PM
Talking Rubber seal around back glass

This is a common problem. I noticed this on my truck and it does not affect the waterproof of the glass assembly. This falls into the category of "Leave it alone, the cure may be worse than the problem" If you have the dealer repair this seal, it's hard to tell what may end up getting scratched or dented. The cosmetic appearance is also unaffected. I just removed mine completely and it looks just as good.

Old 10-01-2001, 10:40 PM
Unhappy ...but it does leak...

I do get leakage inside the cab... not much but it's enough that my 4 year old pointed it out to me!

So, I'm guessing this isn't something easily fixed in the driveway, eh???

Thanks,
Pete

Old 10-02-2001, 07:45 PM
Talking leak in back window

bluemesa159----- The leak you have is not caused my that little rubber seal being defective. It may be caused because of the window design. There are many posts here concerning leaky back windows on 99 f-150 trucks and the repair solution is to install a 2000 window design. Check the search feature here and I think FOMOCO is replacing 99 back windows under warranty. Regardless that little seal is for cosmetic purposes only. I held a garden hose on mine for 5 min and no leaks and my seal was removed

Old 10-07-2001, 02:29 PM
Question no more warrenty

Any idea if this is a factory recall or anything such as that? I bought the truck last year used and it only had 3K miles left on the warrenty. Needless to say, I've driven it just a little over that in 12 months.

Anyway... thanks for the info...

Pete

Quick Reply: loose rubber trim/gasket on roof