Disturbing find while Zaino-ing truck!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Disturbing find while Zaino-ing truck!

Well my truck has fallen victim to the rain channel cracks! I did a search on it to only find others complaining with people replying to them to do a search on it! It there a TSB on this? What exactly is the repair? Just repainting? Does anyone that had their cracks repaired have them come back? Man, I avoided the door cracks (knock on wood) to only have this happen, any help appreciated!

Old 10-02-2001, 12:39 PM
I had the same rain channel cracks on my truck. Took it to the local dealer, not the one I bought it from, and they fixed it right away under warranty. It required having the entire roof repainted.

Old 10-10-2001, 02:04 PM
Angry

Yup, I claybarred and waxed the truck this past weekend and discovered the same damn thing.

Old 10-12-2001, 10:27 AM
Unhappy Raincracks

I hear you guys talkng about raincracks. Call me new, but I have never heard of these. What are they and can I prevent them?

Cheers
OPIPE

Old 10-12-2001, 11:59 AM
Cool No TSB for issue, but is paint warranty

Ford has not issued a Technical Service Bulletin for the cracking of the base/clear applied over the seamsealer used to fill the area on the roof of F Series.

It is covered under the normal paint warranty of the vehicle, therefore no TSB is required.

Read your owners manual and the terms of the various components of the vehicles warranty.

Ketch

Quick Reply: Disturbing find while Zaino-ing truck!