Gettin the mud off the motor!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2001, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gettin the mud off the motor!

Just curious as you what people are doing to clean muck off their motors after some serious wheeling.

Are most using a pressure washer? Garden hose? any detergents like simple green? My motor isn't greasy, just need to get rid of all the brown!

Thanks in advance,
Bambino

Old 10-13-2001, 10:44 PM
Bambino,

Have you tried castrol superclean? I use professional stuff nowadays, but I used to have good luck with the Castrol. I never really had mud under the hood per se, but I did often have it on my supension and fenderwells. I only used a garden hose, but if you have a pressure washer, I'm sure that would be even better. The important thing to make it look good is to dress your plastic and rubber parts afterwards. Ancient Chinese secret: WD40. It works very well to black out your engine. Spray it on and wipe off the excess!

Good luck!

Old 10-14-2001, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the tips, i'm just going to use the garden hose on the motor - don't want to force water into any places where it wasn't intended on being.

Bambino

Old 10-14-2001, 11:12 PM
I've always been hesitent on using a hose in the engine, when I went mudding, about a year ago now, i just used a sponge and picked away at it. And to this day, there is still pieces of mud I am finding on the underbody.

Old 10-15-2001, 09:29 AM
I agree it takes a while to get rid of all the mud. I usually take care of the underbody with the garden hose, I cleaned the motor yesterday with a light trickle of water from the hose, and an old wash mitt.

Bambino

Old 10-17-2001, 08:47 PM
H13
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After mudding and the cleaning that follows. Do you guys do anything else, like greasing anything?

I went off roading and hit ALOT of water.

Do I need to anything now that it is all clean?

Old 10-19-2001, 03:35 PM
I use the high pressure at the car wash. Use whitewall tire cleaner or degreaser selection. Just don't spray into the intake - that's all. Never had a problem.

Quick Reply: Gettin the mud off the motor!