Someone dinged my truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Someone dinged my truck

Some one dinged the passenger side of my truck along the bed with their CAR door. I hate cars. I've had my truck one day short of 2 weeks. As you can guess I'm pretty pissed. Is their anyway to work this mild ding out myself? Or should I see a pro?

Old 10-16-2001, 09:33 AM
Post remedy

Do what I do, park far away from the door. I've had the truck since Feb and no dings. I can not stand those IDIOTS that have no respect for other peoples property.

Old 10-16-2001, 09:40 AM
Re: Someone dinged my truck

Originally posted by XLT-Sport
Is their anyway to work this mild ding out myself? Or should I see a pro?
XLT-Sport,

Try this site:

http://www.dentwiz.com./

Never tried them but have heard good things . . .

Old 10-16-2001, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the site.....From Now on, I'm parking next to the most expensive car I can find and maybe they'll be a little more careful with their doors.

Old 10-16-2001, 02:45 PM
Cool

Dent Doctor - They took out a nickel size door ding and an 8 inch long "V" dent in the very front point of my passenger side front fender (flag pole flying my 9.5'x5' U.S. flag broke loose in our tornadoes a few weeks back and slapped the side of my truck). It was three hours labor and $135.00 - money well spent - no signs of the previous dents.

Old 10-16-2001, 10:25 PM
False Alarm

After further review, I found that there wasn't actually a dent, it looked like it was just scraped. I took some WD40 to it and it took all the other guy's paint off. Now there is just a barely visible scrape about 1/2 an inch wide. You can't even see the scrape if you don't know it's there and once it's pointed out, it's still hard to see. I'm still pissed off and I will not park near ANYONE for a while but I'm happy it didn't do much damage.

Old 10-17-2001, 08:15 AM
Re: False Alarm

Originally posted by XLT-Sport
. . . found that there wasn't actually a dent, it looked like it was just scraped. . .
Had the same thing on my Scab . . . only, I hate to admit it, it was a self-inflicted wound - small parking lot in Cambridge - anyroad, tried some of that 'magic stuff' (GX-27?) took almost all the mark off, now can only see it when the truck is dirty, another reason to keep it clean . . . !

Old 10-17-2001, 09:57 AM
Its amazing how a small door ding, can visually turn your truck into a dent with a truck attached!!!! I park in the far reaches of parking lots, try like hell to find end spots, and still often come back to find the ugliest rustiest mal cared for vehicle parked inches from my expedition. Its discouraging!!!

Old 10-18-2001, 03:38 AM
I always try to park on the end of an isle, preferrably with the passenger door of the car next to me facing my truck. I figure that about 90% of the time there is only the driver, and no passenger. If I can't find a spot I like, I'll park closer to the car on my left, and leave more room for the driver on the right.

I miss driving my Bronco daily, it would inflict a wound on whatever came in contact with it.

Mitch

Old 10-18-2001, 07:52 AM
park on the end

Ever since the 'incident' I have been parking on the end with my tires almost on the outside line. Just trying to stay as far away as possible from those CAR people.

Old 10-20-2001, 01:25 AM
This used to really get my blood flowing and I would waste large amounts of time finding the perfect parking spot only to find I still suffered various dings, dents, scratches, etc. I've learned to live with it. My stomach still tightens up with every new mark but I just do my best to fix it and go on. As for those car people, I sold my 1967 F100 Ranger XLT in excellent condition in 1990 to get the down payment for my wife's new car. Since that time she has driven a couple of different nice sports cars and was very careful not to ding anyone else's ride. The worst damage she suffered was when I took it to Home Depot or the hardware store and guys in large trucks would sling their doors open and dent an A, B, or C pillar. How about a nice crease across the top of your fender from some guy in a 4x4? Or the construction crew who can't open the tailgate anymore ( it's v shaped on top) so they drag their crap down the side between their truck and your car making sure not to scratch the company truck.
When I bought my 99 XLT 5.4, the first ding was at the local WalMart. My wife went in and someone let a basket take off and crease the passenger side door. It take all kinds and inconsiderate a**holes drive all kinds of vehicles.

Quick Reply: Someone dinged my truck