Need help w/ Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 05:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Need help w/ Zaino

I have had a few problems with Zaino. After applying the Polish Lok (1) to the clean car. I let it dry and then applied polish (2) with damp applicator. I allowed this to dry for a few hours. Then took 100% cotton towel Made IN USA and began to wipe off the polish. It seemed to only smear though and leave streaks...it did not turn in to the powder I expected it to. (The car was inside so weather really couldn't have been problem) What could i be doing wrong? Are the 2001 Harley Clearcoats? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 10-29-2001, 08:53 AM
I apply the Z2 with a different applicator than I used for the Z1. I use a dry applicator for the Z2.
It sounds like your Z2 didn't dry. One hour is a baseline for the drying of Z2. If it'c cooler, more time, if the air is humid, even more time. If you let your sit for a couple of hours, I can't imagine why it didn't dry.

Old 10-29-2001, 09:29 AM
I've never seen that problem. I would encourage you to email Sal Zaino at Zaino Brothers.

I agree with the suggestion above that it sounds like the Z-2 didn't dry completely, but I'm not sure why. Sal may be able to give you some other things to check before taking off the Z-2.

Good luck. Sal's email is Sal Zaino @ Zaino Brothers

Old 10-29-2001, 01:56 PM
Ahhh, you may want to call Sal instead. I emailed a week ago with a question and never heard back.

Old 10-31-2001, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the help

Old 10-31-2001, 05:41 PM
Zaino is VERY susceptible to the conditions of the air. The first time I used Zaino in April, I too, was not satisfied with the way it came off -- It left a nasty smear.

The problem is that you didn't allow it to dry completely, which is KEY to getting a good finished look. It may take up to 1/2 day for the polish to dry, but the results are well worth it.

I found that the temperature needs to be AT LEAST 70 degrees if you expect the polish to dry within 2 hours. If it's 60 outside, then it may take 5-6 hours to dry, depending on the humidity.

Another tip is to use a very LIGHT coat. 3/4 bottle of Z-5 has lasted me about 8 coats on my SuperCab. Use it very sparingly.

Old 11-01-2001, 12:26 PM
I agree. If fact, I often put the polish on in the evening and let it sit overnight. I'm not sure that you can wait too long of a time period. The kicker is to let it dry until it wipes off easily and completely.

It is indeed worth the wait!!

Hunt4Fun

Quick Reply: Need help w/ Zaino