Langka for chip repair-not impressed so far

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Langka for chip repair-not impressed so far

I bought some of that Langka stuff by mail order that's supposed to take the 'blob' effect out of repairing paint chips. Well, I have to say after trying it a few times over the weekend that's it's not working very well. If you're not familiar with this product it works like this: You first clean the paint chip with alcohol, apply the factory touch up paint and let it dry for 90 minutes. Then you take this plastic card that langka gives you, wrap it in an old t shirt, spread some of their product on it and rub the excess paint from the paint chip until it's smooth with the surrounding panel so you don't have that 'blob' of paint.

well, it just seems to pull out too much of the paint. It looks a little better, but it's certainly not smooth with the surrounding panel. I"ve tried varying the pressure, but that didn't seem to make a difference, the chips are still there. I plan on trying it again but this time i may leave the paint on overnight. Maybe extra drying time will make a difference.
I'll report back.

Old 11-05-2001, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well.. i tried the Langka again over the weekend and it still didn't work right. It works fine on tiny chips that are about the size of the head of a pin, but with anything larger, the paint just pulls out of the chip. I even left the touchup paint on for 24 hours, but still got the same result. I'm trying it one more time before giving up. This time I'm barely going to rub the Langka on the chips. I may have been using too much pressure. That's the only thing I haven't tried.

Quick Reply: Langka for chip repair-not impressed so far