Mothers clay bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mothers clay bar

Ive overspray on my truck since i bought it, it looks like little black specs on my white paint. When you run your hand over the paint it sounds like your rubbing your hand on a piece of sand paper. Well last night I got tired of it and tried the clay bar that Mothers puts out and wow what a difference! My paint looks awesome now and there is no more sand paper feel to it. I recomend it to anyone with oversray! Now I just gotta re-wax her and she'll be good to go.(until some jackass gets more overspray on her).

Old 12-19-2001, 12:40 PM
I use the Mother's claybar also. Works great, leaves the paint very smooth, and very shiny with a good coat of wax.

Old 12-20-2001, 12:57 PM
Also, my wife had a Miata a couple years ago. It was black, and sure enough, she got overspray on it, of course it was white overspray. I clay barred the hell out of that thing, I was amazed at how well it came out. I was thnking I'd have to either buff it or wet sand it.

Wait a minute, she has a black Altima SE now, and she had white overspray on that too.........I think it is time to cut her off from black cars and go to white!!!!!!

LOL

Old 12-20-2001, 01:14 PM
I work at a chemical plant and a few years ago we got overspray from a tank they were painting. The overspray was white and my truck is white too. Felt like sandpaper. Got the claybar out and made it just like new. You can even use it on your bug deflector and ventashades. Did not even scratch the plastic. Works good on the headlight covers and windshield for getting the bugs and grime off. Best thing they invented.

Old 12-20-2001, 06:53 PM
Question

I used the clay bar on the tailgate & it really was incredible! I was very happy with it.
My question is - it said to "knead" it as it picks up contaminants so as not to scratch the paint. Is it me or is that too hard to knead? I tried as hard as I could & barely made impressions from my fingers in it! Is there some trick I don't know about?
I will definitely use this on the whole truck next spring - I park under trees & get sap all over the truck. Hopefully by then I'll find a way to get any dirt out of the bar - not to sound like a female chauvinist but maybe I'll ask a guy to help - you are pretty strong! I just feel silly asking a guy to do this & PLEASE - NO off color comments! LOL!

Old 12-27-2001, 02:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just stretched it out and then folded it over and started with the side I folded over so the dirty side is now on the inside. As i worked with it they stuck back together. I just keep doing that.

Old 12-27-2001, 11:54 AM
Thanks!

Thanks Intel486 - I may try using a rolling pin (women have all sorts of neat "tools" like that & nail polish!) to see if I can make it more pliable. I just can't seem to even "crease" it or make an indentation in it. BTW - when I had to replace the alternator in my last car I used nail polish to mark the bracket so I'd know I'd get it tightened back to where it should have been! Might want to raid your wife or g/f's kitchen or make up bag for some cool tools too! LOL!

Quick Reply: Mothers clay bar