Disparity in door crack resolutions

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disparity in door crack resolutions

Okay - I can't figure out what's going on. Maybe you can help me here.
Some guys seem to have paid 20% of the cost of getting the doors fixed. Othere's have gotten it done for free. Why the differences?
A friend's neighbor has had no luck with his dealership & is now calling in a TV Investigative reporter for help. I called a local dealer (not where I bought the truck) & the asst body shop manager, a woman I might add, said it's free if the truck is under warranty - mine isn't. Then she asked the year & said it IS covered - 100%! Mind you, both our trucks are '97's so is it strictly a dealership decision? Did I get lucky or am I missing something?
I am hoping there's no hidden "catch" when I bring the truck in to have it looked at. They can't take me till January - there shouldn't be a problem having the fix done in the extreme cold, right?
Thanks so much in advance for your help! I appreciate it!

Old 12-20-2001, 07:19 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
cowlady it hasn't been cold here yet this year, let's hope it lasts

Old 12-20-2001, 08:57 PM
Lucky you!

Unfortunately the cold has started to move in & we'll be getting snow/freezing rain this weekend, with more to come. I was hoping we'd escape this year with little/no snow but uh - uh! Do you think the "fix" will be okay to do or should I wait? I figure I waited this long so what's a little longer?

Old 12-29-2001, 01:41 PM
Cowlady,

My son has a '99 4 x 4 that had the door crack problem and under warranty. The dealer did not question this defect at all, replaced the whole door and repainted, covered 100%.

Depends on the dealer I suppose ...........

Old 12-29-2001, 03:45 PM
Cool The door crack issue is a warranty issue

If a dealer tries to charge for a percentage of doing the warranty work, they are not being honest and Ford's Customer Service Division should be alerted.

I suggest you do this, include copies of all paperwork when mailing the information.

Also suggest you go over to www.BlueOvalNews.com and read the threads there, how to contact FCSD, etc.

Ketch

Old 01-01-2002, 11:27 AM
Door Cracks!!!

I just got my truck back, had a 1" crack in the drivers door. Body shop "fixed" it with Fords recommended method, (plate tack-welded behind door and filled with some high-tech body glue) they also put the plate and glue on the passenger door because tey said it would crack eventually anyway. Free of charge and a free loaner car. Took 4 days and they said I could wash and wax in 1 week. BTW I only have 26,000 MI. too.

Quick Reply: Disparity in door crack resolutions