A Newbie Needs Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 02:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking A Newbie Needs Help

Last edited by Habibi; 10-16-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2002, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say get a spray in bedliner. I got the Line-x stuff in my truck. You can just pressure wash it off and not worry about getting any water underneath it.

For a cover for the bed I went with a fiberglass snugtop. I really like it but only wish that it had a handle or something to help you lift it. In the summer when the top is like 200 degrees it really hurts to use the little thin edge to try and lift the top up.

Right when you get the truck you should do some work on it. I would call a local mobile detailer and ask if they can do an acid bath on the truck. It will burn out all the stuff stuck in the paint like raildust. If there is any raildust on your truck, in years to come it will start making little red/orange rust spots that are very small. They get bigger though. Just have him do that acid bath and keep yourself from having problems in the future. It also gives you the cleanest paint you can get for putting wax. If you keep up with your truck your probably only have to do the acid bath once.

Once he is done, get some Klasse or Zaino and use that on your truck. Then you'll be set. Every 6 months you just use a claybar on the parts of the paint that are starting to get rough and just put more wax on it.

Old 02-22-2002, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Habibi-

Welcome !! The Superchip is plug and play; well worth the money. Shift Kits are awesome, if you want the really hard shifts. The Superchip reduces overlap and slip, tightening things up. It can also be ordered with a firmer program. Use the gasoline that's specified; it's fine and set up for this. The Superchip requires premium, so you'll use this soon enough.

Quick Reply: A Newbie Needs Help